Rear camera not working

gavb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
NextBase 512GW + Rear
My rear camera seems to be totally kaput. A d I'm also getting some battery warnings. I don't have it hard wired yet and don't use parking mode.

When I unplug and replug in the rear camera it doesn't 'sense' it and ask where I want to see the rear camera video stream (top left is what I usually choose).

Should I try doing a factory reset or some other checks?

I'll have a closer look later. Bloody dog has got me up again!

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

What version of firmware is on the Dash Cam?

In order to check what version of firmware you're using;
please stop the camera recording then press menu twice,
scroll down to "system info" or "version" then press OK,
a black screen should pop up with a long text with R.. at the end.
Please tell me what numbers are after the R.

I also cannot connect the cam viewer app to the camera via wifi. It connects ok, but the app doesn't recognise it.

Thank you for confirming that, it really helps.

It sounds like the cable needs replacing, please email us at support@nextbase.co.uk so we can arrange this.

I have exactly the same problem, rear camera not detected mine is also version 22.5

@NextBase Support I have just had the exact same problem (512GW - rear camera suddenly stopped working). Latest firmware version. Seems a bit strange that several people are experiencing this around the same time. I will email support, but I'll be a little miffed if it's the cable, as that means doing a complete reinstall of the cable, which involves removing lots of trim panels I hoped I'd never have to touch again! I wonder if it could be anything to do with the recent cold weather we've been having in the UK? Thanks.

If you have to have a new cable, give the rear can an extended test with the new cable before to do all the trim removal to make absolutely certain that it is the existing cable that is at fault.

A new cable has not resolved my problem and I now have to return both cameras for testing. Can I confirm whether to send the cables too? Fortunately I am still using the lighter socket...

A new cable has not resolved my problem and I now have to return both cameras for testing. Can I confirm whether to send the cables too? Fortunately I am still using the lighter socket...

@gavb just curious - did you try a factory reset at all? I haven't tried this yet for mine, but I don't expect it will do much. If the cable replacement didn't work, then I'm guessing that means the fault is with the rear camera itself (I'm hoping this is the case so I don't have to re-run my rear cable!). I would assume there's no need to send the cables back, but Nextbase will have to confirm.

@plantpowered yes, I tried a factory reset to no avail. I tried the new cable without removing the old one (it's not hidden yet anyway) and the rear camera "pop-up" asking you where you want to display the rear video feed did not appear. I contacted support (quicker to phone them) and they went through the RMA process. I decided to send back both as they could then test them at the same time.

@plantpowered the reset to defaults will help if you get a yellow empty box on the display - but won't do much else. Have you emailed us direct?

@gavb you shouldn't be having this many problems, I'm so sorry. Once we've received we'll investigate and contact you straight away.

My rear camera seems to be totally kaput. A d I'm also getting some battery warnings. I don't have it hard wired yet and don't use parking mode.

When I unplug and replug in the rear camera it doesn't 'sense' it and ask where I want to see the rear camera video stream (top left is what I usually choose).

Thanks.

Hi

Thanks.

hi gavb. My rear camera would not work from the off. Had a 8gig sd card. Tried everything and no go. Put in a 32 gig card and hey presto. Working fantastic. FYI . Maybe it could be the problem.

My Rear Camera has NEVER worked. Halfords fitted it but it has never worked. Went back....and there is never anyone who is "qualified" to sort it.
Done the Reset....everything....still not working.
Useless....

Are you running a 32gigabite sd? My camera refused to work with my 8 gig card. Working great now with its 32 gig sd as per instructions. Let me know how you get on.

Already had the 32GB SD as it was sold with it from Halfords, but still never worked....and still not working.

Back