Rear camera not working

Then ask Halfords for a refund (+ installation charges) as 'Not fit for purpose' and see if that kicks them into action.

This could be more then the same problem, one of you found a different card worked, what about the other guys?
Question: Are you guys all using a plug in power supply (power supply in cigar lighter)?
If so it could very well be a power supply that doesn't fit snugly enough and vibrates in and out of contact. Try wrapping some tape around the Power supply till it fits tightly, also try a new power supply if that doesn't work. They are low priced on Amazon and you should have a spare anyway, also don't buy a cheap one, get a name brand one like "Anker" for instance.

The damn thing doesn't work. Don't muck about, take it back.

Had a similar issue with my 512gw rear camera. Purchased it brand new, had it all installed and the rear camera installed with the cable hidden in the head lining. Rear camera didn't work at all, i ended up getting Nextbase to send me another cable which I've tested and it's sorted the issue and the rear camera works, I've just got to pay to have the cables re run.

please can anyone help i need a cable that connects my nextbase 512gw to rear camera i think its about 6 mtrs long were can i get one from please help

please can anyone help i need a cable that connects my nextbase 512gw to rear camera i think its about 6 mtrs long were can i get one from please help

I have a spare I will gladly send you for a couple of quid postage. PM me if interested @taffy .

Same issue here too. Rear camera worked great for 1 week, i today adjusted the rear cameras viewing angle and it just stopped working. My car is an a6 avant, it was a long job to run the cable to the rear. I really do wish I’d have purchased a different brand.

Where do I find replacement rear cam cable for 522GW??? Same issue like everyone else. Brand new out of the box - DOESN'T WORK. I think I am more annoyed about wasting half a day to run that fu%&£ cable. Your products suck. Amazon review will follow soon.

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your 522GW rear camera. I would recommend the following:

1. Please remove the SD card, then press the reset button on the underside of the Dash Cam. Then, without the SD card inserted, please plug in the rear camera. Then turn on the front camera. Does it now start normally? Can you now see the rear camera image?

2. Clean all of your rear camera connectors with an alcohol wipe to ensure that they're clean and free of debris.

3. Ensure the Rear Window Camera cable is fully inserted where the cables join- it should click when it's fully connected together. There's a connector about 30 cm from the rear camera, this connector can be a little deceiving and needs to be really tight.

If the issue is still occurring, please send a copy of your receipt to support@nextbase.com. If the camera is brand new and within the warranty period, we can replace the cable for you.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Back