Rear camera video rotation issue

Firmware updated and from a quick test of powering the cam(s) off and on a few times it seems to be fixed. However I'll do a better test tomorrow as it was getting dark, and colder :D I also need to remember if I need to enable the mirroring option or not so need to go for a little drive to make sure, so I'll try and do that.

Regardless of this, thanks for the fantastic speed with which the issue was confirmed, fixed, and an update provided :)

@VIOFO-Support A quick update to say I've been for a drive, powered the cam(s) on and off a few times, both manually via power button, and also turning ACC on and off, and the rear camera image settings are being preserved.
Thank you for the quick turnaround of the fix.

I updated the latest firmware above, but found the 1440p 60fps resolution is not available anymore, is it the iPhone viofo app problem or firmware problem, the 1440p 60fps is replaced by a 24fps with higher resolution.

This bug is fixed in the latest version.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1M0MJ7kOMNJxpDY9vUi04gJ-jDbdRAuwz?usp=sharing

The FWA229P is for the A229 Pro front cam, and the FWA229S is for the A229 Plus front.
The EthcamTxFW.bin is for the rear cam.
At least a license plate is now readable from upcoming traffic on lower speeds ( under 70Km/u) during day light) 2 ch mode, max bitrate, but still the video from the A119 Mini 2 is still better ! there is still work to be done ...

This bug is fixed in the latest version.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1M0MJ7kOMNJxpDY9vUi04gJ-jDbdRAuwz?usp=sharing

The FWA229P is for the A229 Pro front cam, and the FWA229S is for the A229 Plus front.
The EthcamTxFW.bin is for the rear cam.
I updated my rear camera, then i went to update my front camera and it wouldn't update. I copied the file again to the sdcard and it wound't update.
I noticed the sdcard was formatted in exfat and got another sdcard that was in fat32 and that one update just fine, strange :unsure:

I updated my rear camera, then i went to update my front camera and it wouldn't update. I copied the file again to the sdcard and it wound't update.
I noticed the sdcard was formatted in exfat and got another sdcard that was in fat32 and that one update just fine, strange :unsure:

Yeah, I found the same too. When you're on newer firmware the format card option will format it as exFAT, but it looks like you put a firmware file on that exFAT formatted card it does not update (bug perhaps?). Anyway, if you format the card as FAT32 in a computer, or you happen to be lucky enough to have another FAT32 formatted card, pop the firmware on there (upgrade front cam first, then rear cam if there are updates for both) and it should work fine. I had two cards lying around, so formatted them as FAT32 and put an F and R on them (plus named them Front and Rear) and you can probably guess which firmware I put on which card. I then updated the cam using the front card first, then the rear card, and all went well. Why two cards? Mainly as I'm lazy and did not have a laptop, so I did not want to go back inside to add the other firmware onto the card.

Out of curiosity, are there any additional changes/fixes applied to this version, other than the rear camera setting not being retained after a restart?
We will confirm and update this new firmware on our official website later, and what has been optimized will be included in the change log.

I updated the latest firmware above, but found the 1440p 60fps resolution is not available anymore, is it the iPhone viofo app problem or firmware problem, the 1440p 60fps is replaced by a 24fps with higher resolution.
Yes, we have solved this with a new app, and it also will be released today if no delay.

Yes, to update the firmware, the card needs to be formatted to FAT32. It seems that you have updated the latest firmware successfully now, has the problem you mentioned in this post been solved? https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/higher-exposure-value-for-rear-camera.50220/#post-609511
Or +2 still cannot satisfy your desire? One customer has contacted us about the issue that the camera cannot keep settings of exposure value with the old firmware. We want to confirm if your issue is about unkept exposure settings on the rear camera, or just the exposure value is still too low for you.

We want to confirm if your issue is about unkept exposure settings on the rear camera, or just the exposure value is still too low for you.
Exposure is too low, would be nice to have higher values for the rear camera.

Back