Rear facing cam

chri911

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all I am fairly new to dash cams with my only experience being with my 2 year old finevu cr500hd which has been good to me so far.

I am currently looking for a rear facing cam a discreet one with no screen. I am not sure how far the technology is with them, are they rechargeable yet? I would prefer to not hardwire or have cords running all thru my car so it would easily be transferable to another vehicle. Is there such a product out there for $200 or less?

Thanks in advance!

BTW, everyone seems to have a different opinion about which lens to order with a Mobius but there are three options of focal length (which is one of the appealing factors of the M0bius). The choice of focal length and FOV is to some extent dependent on what kind of vehicle you drive. For example, I use a wider angle Mobius (B lens) in the rear window of my pick-up truck because I want coverage on either side of the bed. If I drove a hatchback I would probably opt for the narrower FOV "A" lens.

Thank you Dashmellow I think I'll definitely consider that as an option. I currently have an suv (ford escape) I might opt for the wider lens anyways. Dash cams definitely seem to be catching on in the U.S. market saw my first one in Walmart just the other day. The technology should vastly improve in the next year. Till then I might just wait it out till that option is available.

Back