Rearview mirror mount for G1W

BobSagget

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I found this little cheap mount on ebay. It's supposedly made for the LS300W, but I took my chances and bought it, hoping to use it on my G1W-H.

It actually fits the G1W great.

I wanted to share my discovery on the forum, since I've mostly lurked over the past month.

It cost me $2.38 USD
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/201020973298
Here's a picture of it on my G1WH. You attach it to the arm of your rearview mirror and it hangs down just below it. It's not right up against the glass like some people like, but for the price I think it's great. You use that plastic screw at the bottom to adjust the camera's angle, then tighten it up. It's really solid.
dashcammount.JPG

Thought the same but didn't think of that attachment for mirror. Interesting. Thanks for sharing. Do you have a pic of it attached to the mirror to see how it looks overall?

I tried to take some pics, but they all turned out pretty crappy.
Probably also being inside a garage doesn't help.

Anyways this is the best I could do. It's pretty dark due to flash, so it's not the greatest.
mirrormount.JPG

That is looking quite good. Was hoping for the otherside acutally :) to see how it hangs of the mirror stalk/neck.

Ha, well I actually did try to take a back pic., but didn't bother posting it.

It's kinda at an angle due to how I had to take the pic, but here ya go:
backmount.JPG

Hmm ta. That's perfect. Gives me an idea of how the mirror neck needs to be or similar to.

Thanks for this tip! I just bought a different mount, but for less than $3.00, I can try several versions until I find the one that works for me! I just ordered this mount a minute ago.

Is the G1W the same as the G1W-H as far as mounting goes?

Thanks

So, G1W all use the new standard t-slot mount attachments? Same as DOD, Shadow etc?

Thanks. I ordered a few for different cars so I can swap my G1W in and out more easily. If I am looking at this mount correctly it looks like I might be able to take it apart and take my Vico 3M apart as well and combine the two for a TF2/WF1 Mirror mount.

EDIT
Mine just got marked as shipped today Feb 16th just as a personal note curious how long they will take.

Last edited:
So, G1W all use the new standard t-slot mount attachments? Same as DOD, Shadow etc?

G1W and G1WH have slightly different slots. G1WH is same as DOD LS300W and others that has similar body.

You can use LS300W mount inside G1W ( thight fit ), but if use G1W mount inside LS300W, - then it will be a little bit lose, - need to add some electrical tape or smth. to make stiff connection.

Yes, this mount fits nice and tight in the G1W-H (tighter than the standard suction cup mount that came with it). I've been using it for a week now and really like it.

Anyone try these mounts with the G1W-C.. Any different fitment there ?

I'm guessing that the only difference would be the cap between the G1W and G1W-C. the body should be identical as well as the mount.

I'm guessing that the only difference would be the cap between the G1W and G1W-C. the body should be identical as well as the mount.
What part / location are you calling the "cap"?

Think he's referring to the capacitor as being the difference, it is a different mainboard as well but no effect on the bracket obviously

understood :)

Actually there is a difference in bracket mount "hole" on the body between g1w vs g1w-h ( dod ls300w ).
G1w body part is flat to the top surface part, g1w-h part is rised about 1-1.5mm so you can use dod ls300w bracket / mount which has kinda "clip" at one end which provides more stiff connection with dashcam and not wobbling as much as original g1w-h bracket.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L G1WX 0
Back