Rearview mirror mount for G1W

Is it also working with gt680?

Got mine today! Didn't take any pictures because, the ones others have posted are spot on. I have a G1W (from ebay seller estore009), it fits great. It actually fits better and feels more solid than the suction cup mount that it came with. Now I can put my sun shade up too.

Shipping took a long time (couple of weeks) but it did arrive exactly when it said it would.

Hi can you post some link where to buy this? the one in first post is not working for me because my ebay account is apparently blocked for Canada.

This is the eBay link of the one I got:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/201020973298
Titled: Freeship Car DVR Cam Car Rearview Mirror Mount Phone Holder LS300W LS330W LS400W - eBay user cntime2013
This is who i ordered from as well. I have quite a few of them now (about 6 or so)

My brother doesn't like stuff hanging from his mirror so I keep the original G1W suction cup in his car along with a TomTom GPS cable I found at a second had store for a dollar that works great in the G1W so now all I have to do if he drives is carry the camera.
Hopefully when jokiin releases his camera I can just leave the G1W in my brothers car.

All the other vehicles i'm involved with have the above mount installed. It seems to slide left and right a little if you push it, but other then that once it is set it seems okay.

Last edited by a moderator:
After the seller send me the item before i could buy it, he or she, now enabled free shipping for Germany :) Jetzt könnt ihr auch einen kaufen

I would need to turn the head about 90°. What is the maximum angle the head can be turned (I don´t mean swivel) ?

So if you don't mean swivel (panning left or right), the ball mount allows what looks like ~22 degrees pitch and roll, but that could be increased to the limit of your mirror space by adjusting the angle of the mount to your mirror.
Nothing says this mount has to hang vertically from your mirror.

Here is image of my DIY mount for GS1000 (3M Dual Lock + plastic film can).
I was planning to by new G1WH but G1WH has different mounting system.
This Rearview Mirror Mount would be attached horizontal to the arm of the mirror and to get G1WH pointing forward, the ball mount would need to be at approximately 90° angle as the G1WH is attached from the top.
So it looks like that the ball mount does´t have enough margin/latitude...

mount.jpg

Can the cam be easily removed/slid back into this mount? (against theft)

yes it's pretty easy to take off and put back on.

I grabbed one of these for my G1wh and at first it didn't fit at all. Just did a bit of shaving with a nail file and it's nice and snug now. Sits about .5 inches below my Mirror.

Thanks for the link!

This is the eBay link of the one I got:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/201020973298
Titled: Freeship Car DVR Cam Car Rearview Mirror Mount Phone Holder LS300W LS330W LS400W - eBay user cntime2013

This is the one I got for the G1W-C and you DO have to file the rear edge of the mount slightly to get it to fit into the G1W-C. I used a file and it fits nice and snug, no play and it's still easy to remove the camera if needed.

Doesn't distract your atention for 3 minutes before the screen turn off? And even after. I'm thinking is too close to the mirror.

BAIKLOV seems to just recently within the past few days or so be shipping the Blueskysea Original G1W sold through Amazon with a rear view mirror mount included.
The first picture in the listing has been updated showing the mirror mount and it says (Free BAIKLOV Gift) these things must really be catching on. I've seen a seller on eBay picture them with the G1W as well.

Anyone see this new "Updated" rearview mirror mount that estore009 is selling?
Quite a lot more expensive than the original though.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/131183332412
I don't mean to be to off topic, but does anyone think that might be able to work with a Marcus 3 because of the way it looks like it can bend? It's also nice that they are starting to offer different types as well (A-D)

This mount c work well with G1W,G1W-C,G1WH, see below for details.
View attachment 4298 View attachment 4299

Foxoffer now sell this mount for G1WH,G1W, G1W-C, if you buy the mount with camera, the price for mount is only $1.99.
View attachment 4300

FYI the mount that came with the G1W-C from Foxoffer has performed well. After a week long Southern California heat wave, the suction cup released, but I stuck it back in place, and it is still there 2 weeks later!

I found this little cheap mount on ebay. It's supposedly made for the LS300W, but I took my chances and bought it, hoping to use it on my G1W-H.

It actually fits the G1W great.

I wanted to share my discovery on the forum, since I've mostly lurked over the past month.

It cost me $2.38 USD
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/201020973298

Thanks for posting that Bob. So cheap that I ordered three of them. :-)

Anyone see this new "Updated" rearview mirror mount that estore009 is selling?
Quite a lot more expensive than the original though.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/131183332412

I just ordered one.

I like how this one is doubly articulated so hopefully it'll enable really creative placements depending on your bracket angle/windshield/etc. I'll try and post pics once I get it.

Back