Received my G1W-C today from SpyTec.

Wise87

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
G1W-C, Mobius C
Today I received my G1W-C from SpyTec. I decided on the C version since I live in Florida. Mine arrived in the same orange box that I have seen videos on and in Niko's review. I decided to use the mirror mount with the G1W-C but found the Freeship mount I ordered on Ebay required me to sand down the back edge of the mount slightly so it would seat into the camera.

I noticed my menu and time stamp placement was different on my version. My menu looks more like the one listed in the Baiklov G1W instructions. Mine doesn't have Auto ON/OFF option and it has Car Plate in the menu. I also noticed my timestamp is larger on the PC playback.

My firmware is dated 2013.1112.18. On some of the other -C video and images I noticed they were using an older firmware. I was curious about the menu differences so I called up SpyTec support and they grabbed one of there dash cams and went through the menu with me. We were showing the same firmware. They were very helpful in answering my questions and taking me through the menu. From what we both figured, since this is a -C model, do you need an On/Off option seeing this unit requires constant power. I have it plugged into my 12VDC and it shut down and started up with my ignition switch. I plan on hardwiring it this week so I don't tie up a outlet.

I'm currently running a Transcend 32GB MicroSDHC Class10 UHS-1 and so far I have no issues. So far this is not a bad unit at all. I plan on painting the front black so it is less noticeable but I will wait the 30 days just to be sure all is functioning properly.

If anyone else has a -C with same firmware, let me know what options you have. I'm just curious.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 61
Last edited by a moderator:
Thats pretty interresting with the License Plate function. Cause this function was only available in the first Firmware of the G1W (I believe. All G1W's with newer firmware i saw, didnt had this function anymore) I got a normal G1W with the firmware 2013.05237.01 and the same Licenseplate function

Attachments

• Zwischenablage02.jpg
    Zwischenablage02.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 24
I just got the G1W-C delivered yesterday and compared my firmware version. It appears to be the same as above, 2013.1112.18. As far as having to use on/off on constant power, I'm not sure. I plugged mine to the 12v outlet in the glove box. It starts recording whenever I turn on the car. I also have the option to use a "plate" number or whatever else you want to enter. I put in BENZ350. I also bought the capacitor version because of the hot climate I live in. Fort Lauderdale, Florida. So far, I'm pleased with the results. I'll see how it goes before getting one for the rear.

I also have firmware version 2013.05237.01 as Jack_xD member, however my unit does not have any kind of entry for License Plate function. I am having an issue with the last file corruption on shutdown of the G1W-C model. I received my units (bought two) from Amazon Prime.

So you have a G1W-C with this Firmware version? I think they just removed this function in your Firmware then

I'm getting mine Thursday from Spytec I hope its the right unit. I kept getting the battery one.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z G1WX 18
M G1WX 5
X G1WX 6
Back