Recieved my Yi cam today; Z23L revision

otto325

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Is there any particular cons or benefits of this hardware version? Does this one have an IR filter? It does appear to have a red/purple tinge inside the lens...

I will try the latest FW from Xiaomi first to see how I like it and bump up to the 35mbps FW from here if I feel it needs the boost. I'll be checking the focus issue as well. This is a great forum, lots of info and great mods

it doesn't has an IR Filter, it could be the lens is focussed well. You can only see the filter by removing the lens and looking from the other side in lens.
Have fun with your cam and the forum...

Gente

Is there any particular cons or benefits of this hardware version? Does this one have an IR filter? It does appear to have a red/purple tinge inside the lens...

I will try the latest FW from Xiaomi first to see how I like it and bump up to the 35mbps FW from here if I feel it needs the boost. I'll be checking the focus issue as well. This is a great forum, lots of info and great mods
try the stock firmware first and the app, see if you can use all the functions..

i just happened to receive mine a couple of days ago, tried it for a short while then upgraded to 1.2.13 firmware, after that, i could record 480p 240fps videos with sound or 720p 120fps from the app, no more previews while recording from the app either and cant play videos from the app without downloading it to the phone first which i find pretty annoying..

tried downgrading to 1.0.0 and still got the same bugs, all after upgrading firmware from the app, i dont know if its normal.

try the stock firmware first and the app, see if you can use all the functions
why???
The firmware is good and works fine, also the newest version of app!
Look at your wlan connection from phone to cam.

why???
The firmware is good and works fine, also the newest version of app!
Look at your wlan connection from phone to cam.
does everything i listed above work fine for you with the 1.2.13?
everything used to work fine until i upgraded the firmware, suddenly no more audio on those 2 resolutions i mentioned above, and no previews when recording video and when trying to play a video file unless i download it..

connection seem fine because i got the first 480p video file that i recorded with the stock firmware before i upgraded to 1.2.13 firmware thru app, that file is playable, others i just recorded at 480p are not...

im new with this camera, i might be doing something wrong.

i will take some screenshots later for you guys to see..

Yeah I am on the custom FW now....also no preview during recording, but i thought that could be normal. Also no audio in the output .mp4...all resolution options seem to be there, though.

edit: no preview while recording with official firmware, either. But also still still no audio..hmm

Last edited:
Yeah I am on the custom FW now....also no preview during recording, but i thought that could be normal. Also no audio in the output .mp4...all resolution options seem to be there, though.

edit: no preview while recording with official firmware, either. But also still still no audio..hmm
yea man, im wondering if theres a fix to have all those things back, because everything worked when i first tried... but now it just doesnt, its pretty annoying.

Ah ok so here's what I found. Audio track is completely missing with 720@120fps...I chose this to test the camera as I like the slow-mo effect in the video editor

2k@30fps, preview and audio are there
1080p@60fps preview and audio are there

So I guess some lower resolution high framerates do no include audio by default for both original and 35mbps FW?

120fps and 240fps supports no audio track and no preview of videos! This also showed when you change resolution via settings.
If you choose that option and change it on the new quick menue where the preview showed, no preview on all resolutions you choose
whether preview is supported --> no preview any more. If you change resolution in settings menue there are no problems, with ios app version 2.0.0 and firmware 1.2.13!
It must be a bug of the app version and the new quick changing menue.

120fps and 240fps supports no audio track and no preview of videos! This also showed when you change resolution via settings.
If you choose that option and change it on the new quick menue where the preview showed, no preview on all resolutions you choose
whether preview is supported --> no preview any more. If you change resolution in settings menue there are no problems, with ios app version 2.0.0 and firmware 1.2.13!
It must be a bug of the app version and the new quick changing menue.
does it only happen with the app tho?

if i record manually... do i get sound on both of those modes? im re installing the new firmware and havent tried yet.

i just tried recording manually from my xiaoyi 480p 240fps, i get no sound either... so it might not be just the app problem or any connectivity issues....

yesterday when i used 1.0.0 firmware, it would sometimes and it wouldnt others, i dont know whats up with that..

before upgrading any firmware, i had no issues at all...

hopefully they can fix that asap.

No audiotrack on 120 and 240fps by hardware!!!
Its no mistake its a feature, this framerates you use for slowmotion footages.

Z22L using v1.2.13 can't preview 2K video, must download to phone first.

Back