Recomendation for motorhome

Sterns

Reaction score
Country
United States
looking for a dash cam for my motorhome but I can't tell which models are more suited for mounting on a vertical windshield, or on a flat dash. Any recommendations from class A motorhome owners?
Also, not sure what does 'screen' means, can someone elaborate more on this.
Thanks

screen, I assume you mean the LCD display which most cameras have

not all cameras will work on vertical windows but the majority will

depends what other features you want as to what might be a good choice for you, GPS logging etc

You might want to consider the Flir FX camera, i can double as a security camera when not used as a dashcam.
https://fx.flir.com/site/flirus/articles/FLIR-Store/10800029

I am not sure if this pretty new camera start to record with key on like true dashcams do, but it is nice that you can relocate it to another place/ housing when you have parked your motorhome and then have it act like a security camera.

Just did a little clicking and reading on the dashcam mount.
"The dashboard mount provides steady footage of events on the road, featuring an internal accelerometer that senses when a car is in motion and activates the 30-minute loop record function. The accelerometer also senses a 1.7g impact and creates a permanent recording that automatically saves the 10 seconds prior to contact.*"

It do loop record but with huge 30 minute files where dashcams use 1-3-5 minute files, but i assume that will be fixed with a FW update as 30 minute files is pretty large chunks of footage to "loose" when the camera start to overwrite older files on memorycard to make room for new recordings.

The outdoor housing provide a IR light boost to 65ft, which should cover the side of your motorhome.

I think most cameras which allso have a suction cup mount will be able to be used on the vertical RV windscreen, and on the normally huge windscreens a suction cup mount wont look so big as they do on regular cars.

I own an A class and there is a product available right now with 1080 hd front and a waterproof 1080 rear camera that's cable can be extended to 10m... it also has its own screen thus doubles up as a revearse camera .. perfect for parking security too...

made by a recognised company and using al70 chip...

forgot to mention it costs less than the average dashcam as its pretty useless for fitting in a car..due to its size

Back