RECOMMENDATION CAMERA RELIABLE, DISCREET AND CHEAPER ??

it's the mobius. it's cheap. reliable. good image quality. Discreet. No screen. No GPS.
If so I wonder about the quality of Mini 0902 it is similar to esthetically and small blackvue.
mini 0902 is unstable and unreliable model.

Last edited:
And dahscam Autobot Eye??
I used to sell mini 0902. So I can tell you after I test about 5 of mini 0902 and return 20 pcs to the factory.
About autobot eye: I never had it. So I cant answer :)

Dumb question, how does one set it up in or make minor changes via the menus? I am assuming one would need to remove the cam and take it inside and connect to pc?

there are some Android apps or you can load changes to a text file to install, setup on the PC using the GUI (Windows program only) is the easiest method for most though

there are some Android apps or you can load changes to a text file to install, setup on the PC using the GUI (Windows program only) is the easiest method for most though

I think as a personal preference Im going to stick with units with displays.

Do you think of the new camera mini 0902, 0903?? They have improved the past problems ??
08 series are better than the new 09 series in my opinion

Mini 0805 and Mini 0826 are probably the most reliable from the Mini range.

08 series are better than the new 09 series in my opinion

Mini 0805 and Mini 0826 are probably the most reliable from the Mini range.

added confusion for the end users when the mini name is being used on cameras that come from different developers that have no technical relationship

As much as people say that they don't want or need a display the cameras with displays are far easier to operate
I disagree to some extent. Depends on the particular dashcam. The touch screen on the SGZC12RC is very easy to operate. That on the Mini 0805, however, is a pita, & a Mobius is much easier to set up via GUI. When set, the Mobius needs no further attention, aside from regular card checks, same as every other dashcam.

Last edited:
I disagree. Depends on the particular dashcam. The touch screen on the SGZC12RC is very easy to operate. That on the Mini 0805, however, is a pita, & a Mobius is much easier to set up via GUI. When set, the Mobius needs no further attention, aside from regular card checks, same as every other dashcam.

the challenge I see with models without a display is not when things are working fine but when they go wrong and trying to work out what is going on, after months of faithful service trying to remember what some sequence of flashing lights might mean is not always front of mind

the challenge I see with models without a display is not when things are working fine but when they go wrong and trying to work out what is going on, after months of faithful service trying to remember what some sequence of flashing lights might mean is not always front of mind

A Mobius camera will let you know when it has a problem because the red rear LED will stop blinking. One doesn't need to remember any sequences of flashing lights. It's really that simple.

A Mobius camera will let you know when it has a problem because the red rear LED will stop blinking. One doesn't need to remember any sequences of flashing lights. It's really that simple.
yes that's when it stops working, there are other sequences that have different meanings, my comment wasn't specific to mobius though, there are lots of screenless models that are not very well thought out and can be very confusing when trying to work out what's going on, some with wifi that have apps to access are particularly bad

yes that's when it stops working, there are other sequences that have different meanings, my comment wasn't specific to mobius though, there are lots of screenless models that are not very well thought out and can be very confusing when trying to work out what's going on, some with wifi that have apps to access are particularly bad

I was responding specifically, to your statement: "not when things are working fine but when they go wrong", rather than any other camera functionality. While the Mobius has flashing light sequences to remember it has a simple obvious method to tell you if it is not recording. But you are right, many cameras drop the ball with usability along those lines. Often I think it is because what seems logical and obvious to some engineers just doesn't to the average user and those engineers don't always think that aspect through so well.

Back