Recommendations please

NeilP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have need some help with a new dashcam please, i have read quite a number of reviews and opinions but have yet to make a decision mainly i think because every dashcam i have bought up to now has simply been awful and a waste of very hard earned money.

So far i have had

Mini 0801 died after 9 months.
Mini 0805 died after 3 months and seller ignored me.
A118c been rubbish out the box with again seller ignoring me

I love how stealthy the a118c is in my car (Audi A6 Avant C5) however its never worked right, when it records the quality seems good but 3 times in the last several months i have needed the footage it should have recorded and the files are either corrupt or don't exist. Today i had around six minutes of footage for 3 hours of driving.

So! as i like the stealthy look i have narrowed it to the following:

Another A118c (if they are now more reliable)
B60 (not sure if there is a capacitor version)
A119
Rexing V1

I have thought of the DDpai M6 but i am not sure if its capacitor or how stealthy it is, its also slightly out of my price range.

Any thoughts or recommendation for one i have missed?

Thanks in advance Neil

Hi

I have need some help with a new dashcam please, i have read quite a number of reviews and opinions but have yet to make a decision mainly i think because every dashcam i have bought up to now has simply been awful and a waste of very hard earned money.

So far i have had

Mini 0801 died after 9 months.
Mini 0805 died after 3 months and seller ignored me.
A118c been rubbish out the box with again seller ignoring me

I love how stealthy the a118c is in my car (Audi A6 Avant C5) however its never worked right, when it records the quality seems good but 3 times in the last several months i have needed the footage it should have recorded and the files are either corrupt or don't exist. Today i had around six minutes of footage for 3 hours of driving.

So! as i like the stealthy look i have narrowed it to the following:

Another A118c (if they are now more reliable)
B60 (not sure if there is a capacitor version)
A119
Rexing V1

I have thought of the DDpai M6 but i am not sure if its capacitor or how stealthy it is, its also slightly out of my price range.

Any thoughts or recommendation for one i have missed?

Thanks in advance Neil
I think the M6 is battery.
Corrupt files could be your memory card. Might want to test your card.
A119 is the upgrade to the A118c and seems to be getting pretty good reviews. They are still working out some kinks with firmware updates.
Viofo said they will be releasing a better A118c model soon as well. If you do choose another A118c, make sure to stick with Viofo made. There are lots of knockoffs out now with inferior components.

Thanks for the warm welcomes.

I have swapped the micro sd cards between my action and dash cams to make sure the card is not corrupt as suggested. However, I noticed that the time and date stamp had reset to factory since yesterday so I do think the capacitor is knackered and has never worked not allowing a proper shut down and save of the files.

The A118c was bought from Autovox on UK Amazon, Autovox ignored my messages and Amazon would not do anything after 30 days iirc.

Back