Recommended Firmware for 64gb card?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi folks,

Trying to find out the most reliable Firmware for 64gb cards. Latest firmware seems to not like my 64gb card. My previous Firmware worked fine. I of course, don't remember what my previous firmware version was.

So, are you using a 64gb card no problem, if so what firmware version?

Thanks

often wonder if people read the manuals

Oops, sorry @jokiin, speaking of not reading, I essentially repeated your post. :)

Yeah, I think you are quite right. People often don't seem to read the Mobius manual. I think when a camera buyer has to go access the manual online it is more likely to be missed or forgotten than if it comes in the box. Maybe the Mobius should be shipped with a reminder and the URL?

Last edited:
Opps, sorry @jokiin, speaking of not reading, I essentially repeated your post. :)

Yeah, I think you are quite right. People often don't seem to read the Mobius manual. I think when a camera buyer has to go access the manual online it is more likely to be missed or forgotten than if it comes in the box. Maybe the Mobius should be shipped with a reminder and the URL?

no problem, if anything I figured you might have had the page open for a while and posted without knowing I had added that, on the same wavelength anyway so it's all good :)

actually the line I posted is found within Msetup which I'd reasonably expect anyone with a Mobius should be using, or at least have used at some stage, so no need to even go looking for that info

no problem, if anything I figured you might have had the page open for a while and posted without knowing I had added that, on the same wavelength anyway so it's all good :)

actually the line I posted is found within Msetup which I'd reasonably expect anyone with a Mobius should be using, or at least have used at some stage, so no need to even go looking for that info

You're right, I forgot about mSetup. Using it is so routine for me now that I hardly even notice those things anymore. :)

Sorry, but correction. I am using FAT32. I do read the manual xD Had to read it several times to get different light sequences and what not. When I set-up the card, I used the manual. Not sure why I thought I used exFAT, but when I looked this morning it was FAT32.

Sorry, but correction. I am using FAT32. I do read the manual xD Had to read it several times to get different light sequences and what not. When I set-up the card, I used the manual. Not sure why I thought I used exFAT, but when I looked this morning it was FAT32.

Try reformatting the card again as FAT32. Failing that, try a new, different brand of card. I doubt that this has anything to do with the camera itself or firmware version.

Nevertheless, it wouldn't hurt to first just try a different firmware version and see if you get any different results.

Try reformatting the card again as FAT32. Failing that, try a new, different brand of card. I doubt that this has anything to do with the camera itself or firmware version.

Nevertheless, it wouldn't hurt to first just try a different firmware version and see if you get any different results.

I am using the Samsung EVO, same card you are using. I had it loop recording for months fine. It was not until I upgraded the firmware it stopped working. Before upgrade, both my 64gb cards worked. after, they do not.

I have the firmware updated now to 2.41 as you suggested earlier. I am testing it out now. Should now shortly if it is working. I also reformatted the cards again using full overwrites (took like an hour, it was done recently but to cover all possibilities I did it again).

I am using the Samsung EVO, same card you are using. I had it loop recording for months fine. It was not until I upgraded the firmware it stopped working. Before upgrade, both my 64gb cards worked. after, they do not.

I have the firmware updated now to 2.41 as you suggested earlier. I am testing it out now. Should now shortly if it is working. I also reformatted the cards again using full overwrites (took like an hour, it was done recently but to cover all possibilities I did it again).

Sounds good! Hope it works.

It's always a good idea to do an in-camera format of your microSD card via mSetup, so that would be the next thing to try.

Also, sometimes it is a good idea to try only one fix-it at a time so you can isolate the problem. For example in this situation, if you tried one remedy at a time you would know for sure if it were the microSD card or the firmware version. Then again, sometimes when you want something to work no matter what so you just throw everything at the wall and hope something sticks. :)

Last edited:

if you had updated firmware make sure to reformat the card afterwards, even if already FAT32 if they've changed anything related to file handling or write strategy it may not like the previous file system so wise to give it a fresh format after updating

often wonder if people read the manuals

When everything else fail.:D

Or that is, somt times things are so new to me i just have to read the manual, but otherwise i will just use trial and error.

Laughed my ass off when i saw the manual for my 22" CRT monitor, its +1 inch think and i never opened it.

Well,

been running roughly a week stable. I am guessing something happened in the firmware update or something previously. My freshly formatted card worked, but also my older card that I did not format worked too without formatting it. So I will chalk it up under something weird happened during the firmware change.

Thanks for the help all

Back