Recording in parking mode

Beerbelly

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Hi all am new here just gotten and install my DR500GW-HD with magic power pro, now currently running on 1.0.5ES fw with stock 16gb card. I realize that during parking mode it will record video for a max of about 20mins and it stop there. Am I missing any setting or need to enable some setting to let it record overnight? It does loop and automatically delete the older clips right? Any kind soul pls advise many thanks and cheers.

You need to go into the settings and tell it not to turn off automatically I think.

Yes under the settings already indicate on for parking mode. I turn on the led light for parking and it started to recording as soon as it detect the car not moving and switch to parking mode, but when I arrived back my car around half an hour's time the led light is off. Is true the recorder will not record continuously but only detect motion then it activate the recording?

Beerbelly said:
Yes under the settings already indicate on for parking mode. I turn on the led light for parking and it started to recording as soon as it detect the car not moving and switch to parking mode, but when I arrived back my car around half an hour's time the led light is off. Is true the recorder will not record continuously but only detect motion then it activate the recording?

The camera stays on but only records motion after about 10mins if I remember correctly

You also need to set the dip switches on the Power Magic for the time you want it to record and the voltage you want it to shut off at.

Instructions in the manual or on the Pittasoft site from where you can download the Camera Manual and read the answers yourself

It says in the camera Manual that it goes into Parking mode 10 mins after no movement and then only records if it detects movement or there is a bump on the car.

So if someone walks past it will record or if something bumps the car withing the G parameters it will record

Have you got the parking mode switch turned on on the Power Magic

Hi tks hillbilly for the detailed explanation, think perhaps my magic power pro did not enable the switch on parking mode will send in my car to check.

Beerbelly said:
Hi tks hillbilly for the detailed explanation, think perhaps my magic power pro did not enable the switch on parking mode will send in my car to check.
I think your problem doesn't connect with the magic power pro
because the delay about half an hour is not implemented in this device.
Try to connect DR500GW-HD to the car power directly (without power magic ).
I think you will have the same problems.

Beerbelly said:

All you have to do is turn the switch down to turn it on if its a PRO It looks like a little light switch on the front of it The standard one hasnt got the switch and always goes into parking mode if enabled in the settings

I fitted a switch in the parking wire myself and saved some money. Sit in your car for 10 mins after you turn it off and it should say Parking mode enabled or similar

Beerbelly said:
.. and install my DR500GW-HD with magic power pro,.
Be carerful with Power Magic. The overload protection in this device is not reliable.
The short circuit on the output of Magic can be a reason for the crash of Magic (at least).
Don't use thin wires (or long wires) between Magic and a sourse of power.
Thin wires with length about 3 meters (like wires in the standard Power Cord for DR500GW-HD)
between Magic and the car accumulator are enough for domage of Magic while
the short circuit takes place on the output of Magic.

Back