[RELEASED!] NovaTrakt - GPS Video Player [Windows]

By searching I-net one still can find working beta uploaded to some forums. I succeeded - not the latest version though (3.0.3.17170 of 2017).

If it is OK, I could post a link (newbee here...).
The issue with doing that is the software is still his intellectual property and Rob has legal claim to it and how it's used and distributed - even though it appears that he's no longer actively developing or supporting it. A logical first step would be to attempt to contact him to determine his feelings. You may be able to contact him via a private message through this site, that may work if his contact data is current and he is monitoring site activity.

I have sent Rob a message to PM. Hope everything is OK, will report back.

I managed to find the latest version that someone had uploaded to Mega. Works fantastic, I love that the interface is clean and minimal as I found RegistratorViewer too busy and cluttered. NovaTrakt does seem to have problems loading corrupt files (simply hangs on load), which is an issue for those of us running dashcams with capacitors. Also the distance travelled calculation seems to be completely off. I think I've found my RegistratorViewer replacement.

I'm guessing the capacitor is a bit worse for wear, it's just the last file that corrupts every now and then. I'm not fussed honestly.

Has anyone heard any more from Rob if this programme is still an active ongoing development? I just tried downloading the latest version that KayDat put in the Mega programme link a few messages back but cannot now seem to find the download on my computer.. I too have for a few years used Registrator Viewer for my Viofo A119S v2 but was looking for a newer programme..

KayDat do you have any further info please? Thanks..

I have also downloaded it from @KayDat post, installed and used successfully on my couple TB Viofo video base - works OK.

Thanks all ...have now got it downloaded and ready to go..just one problem which I cannot figure...on the SD card (which works flawlessly in my Viofo A119S v2) if I open it up on my Windows 10 PC the DCIM folder, camera, video clips are all there and play perfectly when opened with VLC or windows media player and on Registrator Viewer....however when I open the SD car d in the Novatrak programme it shows the DCIM folder, then camera folder but when I click on the camera folder there are no video clips whatsoever to view or load to the Novatrak viewer.. seems strange...Anyone have similar issue?

Thanks all ...have now got it downloaded and ready to go..just one problem which I cannot figure...on the SD card (which works flawlessly in my Viofo A119S v2) if I open it up on my Windows 10 PC the DCIM folder, camera, video clips are all there and play perfectly when opened with VLC or windows media player and on Registrator Viewer....however when I open the SD car d in the Novatrak programme it shows the DCIM folder, then camera folder but when I click on the camera folder there are no video clips whatsoever to view or load to the Novatrak viewer.. seems strange...Anyone have similar issue?

You have to select the actual folder to open, not individual files. Then you select the individual files in the program window.

I'm ashamed, I'm embarrased and most importantly, I'm sorry!

Life, as I hope you'll understand, gets in the way at times.

It started with a couple of large projects at work, and then in June, I became a dad for the first time :)

I still have all the code, although my A119 is still running version 2 firmware, I think. So I should probably start by updating that and seeing how my files play.

I'm going to organise what I have and make it available via GitHub. I'd like to get this working completely at some point, so I feel this is the best approach.

Once again, apologies to all of you. I plan to make this right! :cool:

Rob, it is so good you are back. Just great! Even greater that you're dad - just almost time to remember your pre-baby - Soft :))

Yeah loosing track of prioreties are what kill off a lot of good men / women / ideas.

And first public release! :)

Download from here: https://github.com/RobTrehy/NovaTrakt/blob/master/Downloads/NovaTrakt-3.1.0.19070_setup.exe

I have this thread watched with email notifications, but if you have a GitHub account, please log issues on there as I'll be able to track them more easily.
Liekwise, if you wish to make pull request, please do :)

Feedback, as always, is much appreciated!

Things to note:
This release has only been tested up to version 2.02 of firmware - I need to find a cable to upgrade my firmware.
There is no dual camera support.

If you find this works with other firmware, or other cameras, please let me know so I can add it to the lists! :)

Yes, at some point.

This release is basically the final public beta from previously, with packages updated and a few minor fixes.

I only own a single lens camera at the moment, which would make development difficult. Will need to look into getting an A129.

Yes, at some point.

This release is basically the final public beta from previously, with packages updated and a few minor fixes.

I only own a single lens camera at the moment, which would make development difficult. Will need to look into getting an A129.

you have some sort of identifier to look at the files I take it, it doesn't recognise files from other cameras on the same platform so assume it's pulling some data from the files to ID for playback?

If the files have their GPS data written in the same way as VIOFO A119, it'll be fine.

Always happy to look at other files, if you're willing to send a sample over :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
RobTrehy Dash Cam Software / Development 14
Back