Remember to verify your rear cam periodically

jeez123

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR650S-2CH
Well, after refitting my twin 12" 1000W subwoofers in the trunk and powered them up for testing... something happened in the rear of the cabin. While i was intoxicated by the deep melodic umph, i didn't notice the missing rear view cam got turned almost 50 degrees towards the sky...

Drove around like this for around 2 days, before i noticed the error while scanning the sdcard for events that needed looking in to.

Quite silly... :whistle:

Btw, did you see the seagull ? :D

Hehe yeah you need to keep a eye on those cameras, though i also have to admit my 2 side cameras i dont look at often other than their flashing LED's which we know can be misleading.
But the Innovv C3 and the Mobius 1 in the other side do remarkably good, the C3 is on the same SD card as 3 years ago and in that time i might have formatted it 2 times.

If my rear cam moves I've got big problems- it's strapped to a solid bulkhead and it ain't going nowhere unless the bulkhead goes with it :p Hopped in the van this morning and noticed a side-cam dangling, but only after I turned around to be sure all the cams were powering up. Yet another cheapo suction mount failure :( I'll be glad when I've got more permanent side cams installed as those will mount more like my front and rear ones are now- rock solid :cool:

Phil

If my rear cam moves I've got big problems- it's strapped to a solid bulkhead and it ain't going nowhere unless the bulkhead goes with it :p Hopped in the van this morning and noticed a side-cam dangling, but only after I turned around to be sure all the cams were powering up. Yet another cheapo suction mount failure :( I'll be glad when I've got more permanent side cams installed as those will mount more like my front and rear ones are now- rock solid :cool:

Phil
How many do you have now Phil?

Well, the Blackvue DR650S rear camera holder is - as you probably know, a ringshaped locking-thingie. You push the camera into this and it locks it from slipping out. But when it's locked into the ring, it's able to move freely without much pressure horizontal, which means, as i experienced, it's able to rotate as much as it want's if anything as a 103dB 50hz frequenzy hits the camera..

Now i have to figure out a way to get the camera to stay in place while also being able to release the holder.
I found that if i squeeze the camera out of the holder-thingie, just ½cm, the ring itself grips onto the cam and more securely locks it from rotating horizontally, i'm not sure this is a design-feature, but for now it probably does the trick.

However, i'd like to see the rear cam, get a locking-feature like the front-cameras have on the Blackvue's. This way it's secure, doesn't change it's angle and are locked into place, quite firmly.

How many do you have now Phil?

Still only 4 mounted and working in the van. I have a dead G1W-C doing 'visible security assistance' inside and the fake G1W is kept in a box for a spare. My first G1W-S has become a security cam on my sister's house and the bricked "X" cam still sits in the desk drawer collecting dust. So 8 total, 6 that work, and five in daily use :D

And I need MORE! :p

@jeez123 - You might try a tiny dab of silicone in the mount. It will hold once it sets, yet the bond can be easily broken with a rotating movement if you ever want it apart. Use as little as possible ;)

Phil

@jeez123 - You might try a tiny dab of silicone in the mount. It will hold once it sets, yet the bond can be easily broken with a rotating movement if you ever want it apart. Use as little as possible ;)

Phil

Thanks! Will try and see if the silicone will fix this issue. I believe a needle-sized "ball" would be sufficient. Will try it out, thanks again.

Still only 4 mounted and working in the van. I have a dead G1W-C doing 'visible security assistance' inside and the fake G1W is kept in a box for a spare. My first G1W-S has become a security cam on my sister's house and the bricked "X" cam still sits in the desk drawer collecting dust. So 8 total, 6 that work, and five in daily use :D

And I need MORE! :p

Phil
Things have a habit of filling up fast :)

My only fear with my rear camera is.... what if someone crashes into me, the window smashes, the cam falls out, and the person who crashed into me then speeds off with my cam :D

My only fear with my rear camera is.... what if someone crashes into me, the window smashes, the cam falls out, and the person who crashed into me then speeds off with my cam :D

Well... let's hope the cam just drops down the cabin and you can fetch it - and go to the mechanic for a repair of car and window. ;-)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Module 79L Off Topic 7
Back