Removing sound peaks

yifanatic

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hi there,

I use my YiCam for recording some sport activities - i.e. when I'm riding my road (racing) bike. Due to the mouting the YiCam records sound peaks that came from the frame. It sounds like squeaking or so...

Do you know a method and/or a program to remove these sound peaks? Here is an example.

Audacity might help a little, but need to fix it on the camera

Audacity, hmkay, I will take a look at this program. Can you explain what do you mean with "fix it on the camera"?

Have you made any change to the camera? Like removing the tape?
If yes, you may want to add foam, and try to fix your cam for a second test on another position.

No, the camera is original, no modifications and/or custom firmware.

Remove the tape on the micro. You find several tutorials here and on youtube.
When done, test and return with a result video.

Ok, I've removed the tape. Give me some days to test the modification.

Say us if you solve the problem.I tested my YI on my motorcycle and when i have >80km/h the sound is terrible, like you but much louder.I try to use another YI and it's sound like the first.Both was used with waterproof case, so i don't have any idea how to solve this big problem. :(

Say us if you solve the problem.I tested my YI on my motorcycle and when i have >80km/h the sound is terrible, like you but much louder.I try to use another YI and it's sound like the first.Both was used with waterproof case, so i don't have any idea how to solve this big problem. :(
Don't expect any magic while filming with an action cam, and not even within it's case. The price is low, so have some specs to be. I would suggest you get yourself an external mic if you're not using it under water.
Maybe this microphone from bangood.

If you look closely, there is an adapter cable for external mic

I was riding my bike this day, here is a video
(@vimeo, youtube is busy)

The sound is much better, but there are several peaks in this video.

Back