Replaced camera, new issues?

c.

Better to use a microfiber cloth and clean it regularly, don't wash it with the rest of the washing as it will pick up grit from the other washing, just rinse it under the tap with some washing up liquid.

in this case I'll be stopping using paper towels to clean the windscreen

I’ve been washing my microfibre towels in the washing machine (but never ever use conditioner)

only on the Elise, not the other daily drives, once a year when I get the Elise out of hibernation, I first use a steam cleaner on the windscreen,

P1070061_SMALL.jpg

I use this steam cleaner all over the car, not just the windscreen

followed with a razor blade then plain car windscreen cleaner, two years back I did use rainX, just haven’t got round this year.

as I also have a DA polisher, this coming winter when I’ll be taking the Elise off the road I’l be getting windscreen pads for the DA, then the procedure will be, steam clean, razor blade then the DA with proper windscreen pads and product, all this hard work and the first fly hitting the screen and back to stage one :)

Razor blade?

in this case I'll be stopping using paper towels to clean the windscreen

Glass is rated at 5.5 on the Mohs scale of hardness, so it's harder than Iron or Steel, etc.

Kitchen Towel cannot scratch a windscreen, & I'll continue cleaning mine with it.

Glass is rated at 5.5 on the Mohs scale of hardness, so it's harder than Iron or Steel, etc.

Kitchen Towel cannot scratch a windscreen, & I'll continue cleaning mine with it.
The titanium dioxide used to turn paper white is also rated at 5.5 on the Mohs scale of hardness and there may be other harder minerals in there too, especially if recycled paper was used to make the kitchen towels, some paper is definitely harder than some glass, lens cleaning tissues will be softer.

you do need to be careful, and just lightly go over the screen taking off any bugs and fly splatter that’s on the screen, sometimes the results are well worth the effort till get a few flies splattered on the screen then back to the beginning

her are 3 photos showing sometimes what the end results can look like

sorry if a bit off topic

I clean windshield with claybar followed with application of rain x.

I clean windshield with claybar followed with application of rain x.

I too used to clay bar the car glass the first, then changed and now use the steam cleaner first then the razor blade, then car windscreen cleaner, the steam cleaning and razor blade only once at most maybe twice in one year
I do use the car windscreen cleaner, as often as the screen needs cleaning, I still clay bar the front and rear lights

last week, after all that windscreen cleaning, take the car on the road, and I hit a fly or something a bit larger, it was only around 3 to 4cm away in front from the DVR lens on the windscreen, the splatter wasn’t more than 1cm in length

Back