Summer

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mini 0806
Resolved, thank you.

Last edited:
I used various Blackberries (?) for years. I prefer them, but they just are not keeping modern. I do like the keyboard,but, to be honest, switching to an android phone without a easily usable keyboard broke me of the occasional habit of using my phone while I drive. Not really texting much, but scrolling through occasional incoming emails, replying with 'OK', etc.

You can find a Blackberry Q5 on Amazon, unlocked, sometimes around $150. They're OK, still have something of the 'blackberry experience', and if you have not used a blackberry before, you'll never know the difference. They were kind of a low end phone blackberry threw out as a stopgap measure. Nothing really wrong with them. I had one for a few months, then it committed suicide in the bathroom.

'Please don't jump into the toilet! You're so YOUNG....you have so much ahead of you!'
(It didn't listen)

The Q5 keyboard isn't as good as the traditional blackberrys, but it's OK.

The screen is tiny on the blackberrys with an actual keypad, so not sure what you are used to?

Ok the next to last one I had was a Bold 9xxx something. (Forget the model number) Liked it, had it for a few years. APPS are lacking for blackberry.

I switched to unlocked, quadband android phones, since I can use them worldwide. Couldn't find one with a decent keyboard, so learned to live without one.

Last edited:
All the family use cubot...
Waterproof X10...an X9 and a s200..

They all perform brilliant and the same in daily use despite being quad and octacore. And range in price £135 ..£112..£78.

Plenty of reviews on YouTube ..

The twin sim is a godsend..

if you're used to the S3 already any other Android phone is an easy switch, personally I like the current models from Motorola, there's no bloatware and very good bang for buck, think my next phone will be the X Play

Thanks! Cell phones are getting to be so expensive it's a bigger decision for me than it used to be.
If you're not a 'power' user consider getting something from Consumer Cellular. I've been with them for about 3 years now and save about $80/mo compared to what I used to pay Sprint for 2 phones/lines. This is the phone I currently have and have no complaints with it.

https://www.consumercellular.com/Info/PhoneDetails/619

I like big screen so my Samsung Note II is pretty good so far.
I have Galaxy I, II as well.

BTW, I like apples only if they are edible. :D

Back