Restarting constantly

I haven't had any playback issues with wifi, but it's been a while since I tested it (since before I upgraded the firmware) so I should try it again. I'll report back if I have any problems. I don't use the cloud feature.

I really appreciate it. Thanks!

Is the 64gb endurance card still working for you? I have the blackvue dr650s 2 channel and the wifi and cloud playback is unusable. I've been told it's probably the card, but I was hoping for some real world testing before I start buying cards left and right. THanks!

Not a single issue since I put it in.

I have been using both Sandisk Ultra and Lexar 128GB cards for several months now in my DR650GW without issues. Lexar is recommended by most people.

I always format the card in the BlackVue before use. And I try to swap my cards every few weeks (or during a firmware upgrade).

Thanks stefxx, do you think I should try to format the card in the unit? Before I purchase 3 new?

Going on a holiday, need at least 3 cards to copy each day to HDD in the evening and make a really fast version of my driving.

Geek...

If you browse through these forums, you will see most people recommend the original BlackVue cards, and Lexar is the most recommended non-BlackVue cards.

I can only tell you my experience. Both Sandisk Ultra and Lexar cards haven't failed on me yet after 4 months.

Also about the formatting, that is the way I do it. Not sure if it will help with your issues but my thinking is that the device that is using the cards is also the best device to format the card.

So, I purchased the sandisk 64gb high endurance card. First I tried to reformat via pc. The cloud based function was completely unusable and didn't open the file. It also seemed to make the app crash. This morning, before my commute, I reformatted in the camera via the wifi button. I was able to connect via WIFI direct and playback worked with minimal buffering issue. I will try the cloud at home, but I am feeling better about my chances.

The sandisk 64gb high endurance card works well with wifi direct. There is still some significant lag with the buffer, but it is tolerable. The cloud is still completely useless (unless I want to download the video, which also takes a while). I tried the OEM blackvue 16gb card that came with the unit. Same problem with the cloud. I think I have ruled out the SD card as the issue. Any thought about how to make the cloud usable?

Personally I think the bit about only using Pittasoft cards is rubbish. I have a Dr400 and a DR500 and am using 128gb Sandisk Ultra cards reformatted as FAT32 and they have worked perfectly for over 2 years I also have a 64gb Sandisk and a 64gb Samsung and all work quite happily.

Blackvue only buy the cards off someone and maybe not always the same maker.

Both cameras are recommended to use only 32 gb cards but obviously will work with larger capacities.

I always format them in a PC and use GUI format-x64 to do it

Personally I think the bit about only using Pittasoft cards is rubbish. I have a Dr400 and a DR500 and am using 128gb Sandisk Ultra cards reformatted as FAT32 and they have worked perfectly for over 2 years I also have a 64gb Sandisk and a 64gb Samsung and all work quite happily.

Blackvue only buy the cards off someone and maybe not always the same maker.

Both cameras are recommended to use only 32 gb cards but obviously will work with larger capacities.

I always format them in a PC and use GUI format-x64 to do it

If members take your advice, and then have issues with their 3rd party cards, are they able to message you for support on how to fix it?

We've made more posts than I can count about the experiences of hundreds of customers using 3rd party cards. As well as the testing we have performed with hundreds of 3rd party cards.

If all cards worked fine, it would make our lives easier.

If members take your advice, and then have issues with their 3rd party cards, are they able to message you for support on how to fix it?

We've made more posts than I can count about the experiences of hundreds of customers using 3rd party cards. As well as the testing we have performed with hundreds of 3rd party cards.

If all cards worked fine, it would make our lives easier.

I can only speak from experience as above. In fact one Blackvue SD card I got would be best described as less than satisfactory.

The usual reason that people have problems with cards is that they are tight fisted and buy them online where its well known that up to 90% are doctored fakes.

Mine are all genuine and are tested with H2testw as soon as I get them. Have had one from a supposed "genuine" distributor that was fake as well so need to be careful.
Have used the cameras with those cards in them in 4 countries in temps from below zero to over 45C without problems.

I hardly ever reformat them either at not less than 3 month intervals

Must be just lucky then eh.

I can only speak from experience as above. In fact one Blackvue SD card I got would be best described as less than satisfactory.

The usual reason that people have problems with cards is that they are tight fisted and buy them online where its well known that up to 90% are doctored fakes.

Mine are all genuine and are tested with H2testw as soon as I get them. Have had one from a supposed "genuine" distributor that was fake as well so need to be careful.
Have used the cameras with those cards in them in 4 countries in temps from below zero to over 45C without problems.

I hardly ever reformat them either at not less than 3 month intervals

Must be just lucky then eh.

Yes I understand, from your experience it seems fine. We tested genuine cards as well.

We have found the new Sandisk Endurance cards to work (so far), so we have always offered them as another option from the Pittasoft card.

Ugh, new problem with my 650s . . . . Now it drops the connection to the cloud after about 10 min. I have to cycle the power to get it back up. It connects without issue, I get an app notification that I am connected. Then I get an app notification that it entered parking mode. Finally, about 7-10 min, I get an app notification that it's been disconnected. It won't reconnect unless I cycle power to the camera. I'm starting to think this thing is junk. I emailed Blackboxmycar, where I purchased it, but was hoping for some other thoughts here?

Not sure where I found the recommendation (was on one of these cam forums), but I've used the 128gb delray devices SD card with no issues in my 650

How many of you with the restarting issue are on 2x vs 1x firmware

Have a few of the 650 in different vehicles in different areas, no restarting issues with the 128gb delkin cards for almost 2 years

Finally solved the firmware upgrade to 2x issue but now the cam restarts - same physical card as prior 2 years - while driving so either coincidental or related to 2.007

Not heat, one of the cars lives in 85-95 degree region with no issues, it was 70 and overcast today when my other vehicle had restarting issues

Didn't know the Delkin 128gb cards were available for dash cams 2 years ago. Did you upgrade from 1x to 2x in "steps", and have you formatted the cards after updating? The Blackvue cams have only recently been able to use the higher capacity cards - perhaps your cards are getting a bit old/used.

I've been using the Delkin 64gb card for 18 month without issues (so far)- perhaps it's time for a change of card?

Didn't know the Delkin 128gb cards were available for dash cams 2 years ago. Did you upgrade from 1x to 2x in "steps", and have you formatted the cards after updating? The Blackvue cams have only recently been able to use the higher capacity cards - perhaps your cards are getting a bit old/used.

I've been using the Delkin 64gb card for 18 month without issues (so far)- perhaps it's time for a change of card?

Had the 128gb for 1.5 years on my oldest cam

Other poster suggested due to the higher bitrate so will try an even newer card, but this specific cam is not in a daily driver - instead, maybe 10 trips a year long highway runs so the card is far from used and used like a DD would be

The new card did the trick, went from Delkin 375x to 1900x and no more restarts at the highest quality seeing on 2.007

Back