Restarting over and over...is it the heat?

clennys

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just got a DR650S-2CH and it keeps restarting over and over again. I installed it last night and everything was working fine last night and this morning. This afternoon the camera would restart and then turn on and say "Resetting the Time. Restarting." and then it would restart and reset the time over and over again. It eventually stops restarting and works again but will do it again later. I have two suspicions...I am using a diff card than what came with the product. I am using a Lexar 64gb card that was recommended by blackvue. Also this afternoon it was very hot where I am...100 degrees. This first started happening when I got into the car after it was parked in the sun. Anyone else experience this in the heat?

Search for a thread I put up about this. You need a high speed card. I went with a 64 GB SanDisk High Endurance card and have had Zero problems, even in 100 degree direct sunlight.

I am using a Lexar 64gb card that was recommended by blackvue.

BlackVue only recommends their cards. I'm guessing it was the BlackVue dealer that recommended the Lexar card. I had the same problem using a card recommended by my dealer, and I switched back to the BlackVue card and the problem went away. I have since switched to a 64 GB SanDisk High Endurance card, and like @MarcWinNJ have had zero problems with it. BTW, be sure to format any 64 GB or larger card as FAT32 with Master Boot Record.

I wonder whether it is wholly down to the card. I've experienced the restarting on a number of occasions since upgrading to the v2.05 software. This has coincided with some very warm conditions, and indeed I did post my concern that the new software seemed to be running the camera very hot. Whether it was the warm weather experienced at the time , the new software, a combination of both, or something to do with the upgrading made, I'm not sure.

For information, when purchasing a card for my 650 last year (at which time, running 1.009 brought no issues), I took my advice from the referred to link. The card is the Delkin 64GB Micro SDXC 375X UHS-I (Speed Class 1) Memory Card.

I'm also on the same Delkin card but I'm still on v1.009. Try reformatting the card in your reader. I've got into the habit of formatting every week or so.

Yes, it is something I should try, since the last time it was done was when it was used to install v2.005

You should not have to reformat your card every week or so. I am on 2.005 and have no issues and my camera has been in 100+ degrees direct sunlight in the car window so you know it is much hotter inside the car. I bought my camera from BlackboxMyCar and they included an Adata card which has this problem. A dealer form Australia I think suggested the 64 GB SanDisk High Endurance and as I said it has been problem free and was only around $60 on Amazon. Do yourself a favor and buy the same card (provided you are in the US) and you should have no issues.

You should not have to reformat your card every week or so. I am on 2.005 and have no issues and my camera has been in 100+ degrees direct sunlight in the car window so you know it is much hotter inside the car. I bought my camera from BlackboxMyCar and they included an Adata card which has this problem. A dealer form Australia I think suggested the 64 GB SanDisk High Endurance and as I said it has been problem free and was only around $60 on Amazon. Do yourself a favor and buy the same card (provided you are in the US) and you should have no issues.
San Disk U sure??? Reviews on this make of card are not so good for DVR'S

San Disk U sure??? Reviews on this make of card are not so good for DVR'S

the Sandisk high endurance cards are made for DVR's and are generally pretty good in most model cameras, the lower model red/grey Sandisk class 10 cards are the most problematic

I have two BlackVue camera, one using a 64GB Scandisk Micro SD. I have never had an issue with this card. My other cam is using a 128GB "BlackVue" card and no problems there either.

How do you power your cam? Are you using the accessory plug or Power Magic Pro? If the latter, check to see if you might have a loose power connection. This will cause unexpected reboots.

Are you using the accessory plug or Power Magic Pro? If the latter, check to see if you might have a loose power connection. This will cause unexpected reboots.

Good point. The cigarette lighter connection between my dashcam and the PMP would wiggle loose occasionally. I ended up having to wrap a zip tie around it to hold it tight together.

Back