Reverse (front) camera options

Just a quick question since I’m FINALLY getting a chance to get this front-facing parking cam installed. The tiny directions (in English) don’t mention anything about it, but should I go ahead and use marine grade sealing heat shrink tubing on the barrel connector that’s approximately 1m from the camera? It’s going to be somewhere near the bumper or just behind the grille, definitely out in the elements before poking into the cab on the truck.
it certainly won't hurt to do that

One last question: taking a photo of the instructions and blow it it up to make it legible, it mentions a white wire (mirrored) and a blue wire (parking lines). There appears to be an additional (purple?) wire, the only one labeled, and it says "Transverse wire" but I have no idea what that's referring to. I will be putting it on the front and will at least start with the parking line guides in place to see how I like them. Do I really cut just the white wire, and leave the other two alone?

Transverse changes the output to suit how it's mounted, vertical or horizontal, so that it flips the image to suit

Ah, got it. Thank you! I plan to mount it in a manner nearly identical to the way it was illustrated by @Street Guardian USA previously. I'll get it set up and figure out whether it needs additional adjustment or works as-is.

Ah, got it. Thank you! I plan to mount it in a manner nearly identical to the way it was illustrated by @Street Guardian USA previously. I'll get it set up and figure out whether it needs additional adjustment or works as-is.
yeah in those pic the wire had been cut to flip the image

OK, one last question (for now lol) that's not made clear in the manual card:

I plan to power the camera from accessory switched power behind the dash, and I'll simply select it in the Kenwood aftermarket stereo when I need it. There's a power and ground (earth) connection near the camera itself, and the main extension cable with the yellow RCA itself has a short red wire pigtail at each end. Presumably the RCA sleeve would fill the need for ground (through the stereo).

So if I were to hook (switched) power to the red pigtail on the yellow RCA cable at the radio, what would I do with the rest of the cable? Do I need to join the short red pigtail on the other end of the extension cable (nearer the camera) to the red power lead from the little voltage reduction block (or whatever it is) right by the picture control wire loops? Or something else?

the red cable in the RCA lead is used in case you want to run your power source from the the other end, saves you running a separate power wire along with the RCA cable
Makes sense, thank you.

Back