Review and Unboxing: Dome GS98C 1296p Ambarella A7LA70 GPS Dashcam from Gearbest.com

@Rene Sorreda
The latest version I have for the GS90C (G90C with GPS) is 2637. I does have EV adjustment. Also has speed in mph or km/h. It's on my website under the downloads section if you want to try it. This is for the A7la70 chipset, so make sure that's what you have. I do have a version for the G90A as well for download. G90A is the A7la50 chipset.

Thanks... I will check that later... where can i find the link of your website?

@Sunny
On the video of my GS98C, i noticed that there is a crackling sound everytime my car hit a small rough surface on the road. it is like a vibration of the mic. At first i suspected it may be due to loose lock mount connection so i tried to firmly tighten it but the sound is still there when i passed on uneven surface or even the pedestrian white stripes paint on the road. But no crackling sound on a normal smooth road surface... What do you think is the problem?

@Sunny
On the video of my GS98C, i noticed that there is a crackling sound everytime my car hit a small rough surface on the road. it is like a vibration of the mic. At first i suspected it may be due to loose lock mount connection so i tried to firmly tighten it but the sound is still there when i passed on uneven surface or even the pedestrian white stripes paint on the road. But no crackling sound on a normal smooth road surface... What do you think is the problem?
What are you using to view the video? I noticed that the audio would "crackle" at times in Windows Media Player and Quicktime. Registration Viewer was fine though.

Out of the box, the firmware version is G98-ZX-AMC-3058-S7Y, is this the latest firmware for GS98C?

I get this cam 3 days ago and today I can't turn on cam and even on a cable it's not turning on. I try restart by the button, but nothing is going on. Is any body can help me?

Last edited:
I bought this cam less than 3 months ago. Worked well at first but then things started to go wrong. I began with a 32gb card, I did not attach the gps. One day when it was quite hot and sunny it crashed and stopped recording. I only discovered this some days later when I tried to recover a video and found the last video recorded was on the sunny day.
I changed to a 64gb card, All worked fine but again it crashed for no reason. Each time I go to get video off I find it has been recording but then stopped randomly and I have lost what I wanted. Very frustrating.
I tried going back to 32gb card but no difference.
Next thing it did was the viewing screen flashed on and off every couple of seconds. Still records sometimes but not reliable.
Also it keeps losing the date/time setting. I have reset it many times but it just loses it again.
I've gone back to using my old dashcam and this one is back in the box awaiting seller to give me refund.
Nice video quality when it works but totally unreliable.

I bought this cam less than 3 months ago. Worked well at first but then things started to go wrong. I began with a 32gb card, I did not attach the gps. One day when it was quite hot and sunny it crashed and stopped recording. I only discovered this some days later when I tried to recover a video and found the last video recorded was on the sunny day.
I changed to a 64gb card, All worked fine but again it crashed for no reason. Each time I go to get video off I find it has been recording but then stopped randomly and I have lost what I wanted. Very frustrating.
I tried going back to 32gb card but no difference.
Next thing it did was the viewing screen flashed on and off every couple of seconds. Still records sometimes but not reliable.
Also it keeps losing the date/time setting. I have reset it many times but it just loses it again.
I've gone back to using my old dashcam and this one is back in the box awaiting seller to give me refund.
Nice video quality when it works but totally unreliable.
What memory card are you using?

Back