Review: Dome D201 Ambarella A12 2560x1440p HDR GPS Dashcam (Gearbest.com)

It doesn´t matter what firmware i use, the images look absolutely the same, too much colors. With HDR enabled is not so colorful but still too much. Is this a sensor problem?
Can you post a link to the RAW video?

What is the size of the screw mount for the DAB 202? My suction cup glue/connection to mount failed and will buy a new mount/suction altogether but do not know the size.

UPDATE
Bought and used the mount with 1/8 sizing below. The entire thing works perfectly =) https://www.amazon.com/gp/B06Y2W9DR6

Last edited:
Can you post a link to the RAW video?

Back...

I think is no problem with my camera :) I wanted to send the camera back and get my money back. After I sent a message to the Amazon seller, he proposed me to send me a new camera without sending the "bad" camera back. After I got the second camera, the same problem, burned images. But when I played on my TV , everything went back to normal. Both cameras work perfectly. Usually on my laptop I use MediaPlayerClassic. With BSPlayer the problem is the same but with the VLC there is no problem with colors. :) So now I actually have two perfectly functionaly cameras at the price of one. :p
Now I have another problem. One camera is used in front and one back in my car. Problem is the suction cup for the back camera. It falls about 5 times a day and I have to fix it all the time. With the front camera I have no problems. Does anyone know another solution to mount the camera, something with 3M?

output_l_ALck_Z.gif

Back...

I think is no problem with my camera :) I wanted to send the camera back and get my money back. After I sent a message to the Amazon seller, he proposed me to send me a new camera without sending the "bad" camera back. After I got the second camera, the same problem, burned images. But when I played on my TV , everything went back to normal. Both cameras work perfectly. Usually on my laptop I use MediaPlayerClassic. With BSPlayer the problem is the same but with the VLC there is no problem with colors. :) So now I actually have two perfectly functionaly cameras at the price of one. :p
Now I have another problem. One camera is used in front and one back in my car. Problem is the suction cup for the back camera. It falls about 5 times a day and I have to fix it all the time. With the front camera I have no problems. Does anyone know another solution to mount the camera, something with 3M?

output_l_ALck_Z.gif

AliExpress will probably have some 3M mounts that will fit the DAB201.

I've been looking at the Dome 201 ... and see you have one of their models. Any chance of a report on it with pros and Cons ... or are you restricted cause you sell them?
They don't seem to be available in Oz from the usual Retailers, unfortunately. Worth consideration imho.

I've been looking at the Dome 201 ... and see you have one of their models. Any chance of a report on it with pros and Cons ... or are you restricted cause you sell them?
They don't seem to be available in Oz from the usual Retailers, unfortunately. Worth consideration imho.
I currently only have the G90C. I used to sell the DAB202 and DAB205, but no longer do. These models were basically the same as the DAB201. Same hardware in a different casing. These are battery cameras, so probably aren't the best choice in your region. If you were going to remove it from the windshield everyday, you may be OK. They do have a nice image.

I currently only have the G90C. I used to sell the DAB202 and DAB205, but no longer do. These models were basically the same as the DAB201. Same hardware in a different casing. These are battery cameras, so probably aren't the best choice in your region. If you were going to remove it from the windshield everyday, you may be OK. They do have a nice image.

I have the Vico MF3 that has a battery ... but will be aware of it being in direct sunlight on a warm/hot day ... and cover or move it ... so battery doesn't turn me off it.
Only being available on Aussie eBay might, as I'd much prefer to stick with Chris Hunt from Dashcams Centra who visits here ... for CS/Warranty issues that may arise.
The other consideration ... is that it is around the same price as a VIOFO A119 or S model that I currently have, and happy with ... so why not stick with that if I want a spare .. rather than try out another brand?

When I look around at the rest of you Guys ... who stops at just owning 2 Cams? Having the MF3 ... I do like the look of the 205. Does it have a metal case, and is it Aluminium?
Were there any particular flaws with the brand ... or anything you didn't like, apart from battery? Are the CPLs good quality? I view these as essentials.

Seeing you have VicoVation and Viofo ... how do you compare the day & night images to those?

Last edited:
I have the Vico MF3 that has a battery ... but will be aware of it being in direct sunlight on a warm/hot day ... and cover or move it ... so battery doesn't turn me off it.
Only being available on Aussie eBay might, as I'd much prefer to stick with Chris Hunt from Dashcams Centra who visits here ... for CS/Warranty issues that may arise.
The other consideration ... is that it is around the same price as a VIOFO A119 or S model that I currently have, and happy with ... so why not stick with that if I want a spare .. rather than try out another brand?

When I look around at the rest of you Guys ... who stops at just owning 2 Cams? Having the MF3 ... I do like the look of the 205. Does it have a metal case, and is it Aluminium?
Were there any particular flaws with the brand ... or anything you didn't like, apart from battery? Are the CPLs good quality? I view these as essentials.

Seeing you have VicoVation and Viofo ... how do you compare the day & night images to those?
The MF3 and MF1 have Cobalt Oxide batteries, which to my understanding have a higher temperature tolerance. I don't have any problem with battery cams as long you understand it's limitations. I've had the DAB202 in my wifes car for about 2 years now and it's never given me any issues. Still delivers a great image. Her car is garaged 99% of the time while at home though. We have never taken it off the windshield, even when parked elsewhere.
The DAB205 has an all plastic casing. The DAB201 and DAB202 (DAB202 is no longer available as unbranded) have a metal front casing. Not aluminum. I decided to stop carrying the DAB205 due to too many defective units. Same issue 99% of the time. It's too bad, as they had a nice image. So unfortunately, I cannot recommend that camera at this time. I haven't sold the DAB201 in a long time so can't comment on that model.

Thanks for the info CYA ... helped a lot ... cheers

My father D201 when connect to windows holder dashcam fall down and now is not starts. Only shine blue LED. :( What is damaged?

Back