Review: Elephone ELE Explorer 4K Ultra HD WiFi Action Camera

The Allwinner V3 can be cheaper than the Sunplus, normally they use OV4689 or Sony IMX179 sensor.

Hey guys, just found this for $59.99 at Geekbuying. your thoughts?

Hey guys, just found this for $59.99 at Geekbuying. your thoughts?
I strongly recommend against GeekBuying. I received a defective product and it took three e-mails over a one-and-a-half week period before they even replied. Then it was another week of them requesting photos of the defect, trying to negotiate a partial refund, website credit, etc., and me telling them each time that only a full refund would be acceptable before they finally agreed. There are more reputable online stores with comparable pricing. If a price is extra-low you can expect extra-bad service and extra-slow shipping. Never buy anything ever from GeekBuying.

I bought my Xiaomi Yi and various Smartphones and never had any problem. It's very close minded to think that since you had a problem, then everybody must have had one with them.
Maybe I just got lucky or you got unlucky, either way I keep buying where it's cheaper. I've always got refunds from Paypal whenever I encountered an issue.

I bought my Xiaomi Yi and various Smartphones and never had any problem. It's very close minded to think that since you had a problem, then everybody must have had one with them.
Maybe I just got lucky or you got unlucky, either way I keep buying where it's cheaper. I've always got refunds from Paypal whenever I encountered an issue.
You asked for thoughts; I offered mine. Why is that close-minded?

You asked for thoughts; I offered mine. Why is that close-minded?
This:
I received a defective product and it took three e-mails over a one-and-a-half week period before they even replied... - Never buy anything ever from GeekBuying.
In my opinion it's a pretty harsh (close-minded) statement for an 1/1 bad experience, I could understand if it happened more than once but this isn't the case.
By the way you could say the same about every Chinese retailer, things are cheap and customer service isn't great (or present some times). Said that I've had good and bad experiences with many of them but not because of that I hate on one specifically or stop buying from them if stuff is cheaper.

PS: No retailer wants to ship defective products.

This:
In my opinion it's a pretty harsh (close-minded) statement for an 1/1 bad experience, I could understand if it happened more than once but this isn't the case.
By the way you could say the same about every Chinese retailer, things are cheap and customer service isn't great (or present some times). Said that I've had good and bad experiences with many of them but not because of that I hate on one specifically or stop buying from them if stuff is cheaper.

PS: No retailer wants to ship defective products.
I have an opinion. Please don't call me close-minded because I hold a retailer to a different standard than you. We simply have a difference of opinion.

Someone asked if it can be used as a webcam.
Yes, it can be used as mass storage or webcam or charging mode when connected to a PC.

Elephone_20160930_102501557[1].jpg

Hey! I just got mine today, and it won't focus at all. And when I turn the camera, it lags to catch up. Is there some firmware or updates that need to happen? I'm nervous I have a bad one.

There is no auto focus - it's fixed focus. Make sure there is no protective film on the lens, then clean it with a microfiber cloth, and if it's still blurry, send it back. Unless you don't let things like voiding warranties bother you, and you aren't afraid to open the case and refocus it yourself... :D

Lag could be gyro stabilization, which could be normal. Try turning it off in thev menu and see if that fixes it. That won't affect focus though.

Hmm planning to buy one from gearbest. Price right now 56€ in europe. 1080p@60FPS looks very fine about that price. Actuall i dont care about 4K until these cams wont to it @ 60FPS.
Price also cheap, so dont be big loss if camera got smashed :p

Hi to all in the forum guys. I bought elecam elite 4k from gear best, but the locker (black plastic) of the waterproof case was broken. I asked to send me a new one . It has passed 1,5 month and they didn't send me the case. They say that elephone doesn't produce cases and they ship when they are available from elephone. I don't know what to do. I'm wiating 1,5 month now. Do you know where i can buy a case and how much?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I just don't know what to do. They are letting me keep it and sending me back like $35 (taking out shipping costs). But I feel like I can't use this camera since everything is blurry.

There is no auto focus - it's fixed focus. Make sure there is no protective film on the lens, then clean it with a microfiber cloth, and if it's still blurry, send it back. Unless you don't let things like voiding warranties bother you, and you aren't afraid to open the case and refocus it yourself... :D

Lag could be gyro stabilization, which could be normal. Try turning it off in thev menu and see if that fixes it. That won't affect focus though.

Some 4k cameras overheat at 4k mode so try other resolutions and video maybe better.

so, question is, where i can buy spare battery for this?

Can someone tell me which 128GB microSD card works on this? i tested it and it don't work with my Samsung EVO

I was wondering why that card did not work at first, but seem like it just needed a little "motivation" :cool:

Back