Review of mini 0826

thancam

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
Dash Cam
too many
A review of mini 0826. Sorry for my bad english.

Two day ago, I received 2 box of mini 0826 from @Bella, skyhigh. Instantly, I began to test and now I sent to you the result.

Let’s start with the apperance. I put the box of 0826 next to 0805′ and 0806′ so you can easily compare.

P1020577.JPG

P1020578.JPG

It’s clearly the mini 0826 use the same box with mini 0805. I have mini 0805 from both megtech and skyhigh and the 0805’s boxs of two factory are the same.

The top side:

P1020579.JPG

The front side:

P1020580.JPG

The other side:
P1020581.JPG

I received 0826 with chipset: A7LA50 without CPL. Follow the sentence in the box, mini 0826 which used chipset LA70 shall have video resolution: 1920 x 1080p 60 fps which 0805 and 0806 doesn’t have.

I aslo try to mount CPL ring of mini 0806 to mini 0826 but it doesn’t fit well. So maybe mini 0826 have to use a different type of CPL. Here the picture.

IMG_20151203_044248.jpg

But seem not firm.
IMG_20151203_044304.jpg

About the mount: mini 0826 use the same mount with 0806. You can use the mount of 0806 to attach with 0826.

And here are some pictures of 0826:

IMG_20151203_050402.jpg

IMG_20151203_050454.jpg

IMG_20151203_050530.jpg

IMG_20151203_050545.jpg

IMG_20151203_050602.jpg

IMG_20151203_050611.jpg

IMG_20151203_050624.jpg

IMG_20151203_050636.jpg

A very small power button. We shall not tough it by accident.

In two day, I did a test. One mini 0826 filmed at 2304 x 1296 in 33 hours nonstop. The room temperature is 25 oC and the 0826 only a little warm.

test.jpg

The detail you see in my vid.

The other 0826 filmed at motion detection mode in 33 hours too. I arrange a clock next to 0826 and in every minute, it automaticly stared and firm in about 32 seconds and stop in 28 seconds. It’s still operated well in 33 hours too. In next week, I shall mount 0826 to the taxi to do more test in motion detection mode. And I will update the result later.
P1020582.JPG

update clip
..... Still updated later...

Last edited:
Clip at night.
Very stability.
I used hardwire kit to run it in 1 week with GPS on and in motion detection mode. It's working fine. Nothing mistake.
Compare with:
- 0805: mini 0805 can't work in motion detection mode and GPS on at the same time.
- 0806: mini 0806 even cant work in motion detection mode.
I used it in max resolution mode in 1 week and nonstop. It's still working fine.
I will import 0826 interchange 0806 which not stablility.

Last edited:
Clip at night.
Very stability.
I used hardwire kit to run it in 1 week with GPS on and in motion detection mode. It's working fine. Nothing mistake.
Compare with:
- 0805: mini 0805 can't work in motion detection mode and GPS on at the same time.
- 0806: mini 0806 even cant work in motion detection mode.
I used it in max resolution mode in 1 week and nonstop. It's still working fine.
I will import 0826 interchange 0806 which not stablility.

Thank you for the review
I am pleased to see that you tested in Motion Detect Mode and look forward to an update.
When pointed at the clock what movement triggered the motion detect function?
Also,is this a fully buffered motion detect mode?

BTW I have noticed that Motion Detect mode is not listed in some in the specifications for the 0826 camera & is listed in others
Are there 2 different 0826's on the market?
One with & one without Motion Detection?

The clockwise triggered the motion detection :)
And I set motion detection in high. Yeah, It a fully motion detect mode.

BTW I have noticed that Motion Detect mode is not listed in some in the specifications for the 0826 camera & is listed in others
I don't think so. Motion detect mode is listed in the specifications and in the setting of 0805, 0806. But it works stablility only in 0826.

A "review" with no commentary or even captions... interesting!
Looks like the 0806 is the better option for now; it's slimmer, too.

0806 shouldn't be a choice at all.

Why not? I've had two (front and back) for several months and they've both worked flawlessly. No problems whatsoever. :)

Why not? I've had two (front and back) for several months and they've both worked flawlessly. No problems whatsoever. :)
Consider yourself lucky...

Consider yourself lucky...
My 0806 (now over a year in use) works flawlessly too!
Except of course for the features that do not work (do not exist?)
- Motion detect
- Automatic switching from full SD card to empty card

In short it's a best $70 camera you can buy for a price of $125

Last edited:
Let's me tell you my story.
I imported 20 of 0806 from megtech.
The first I sold to custumer: worked only in 1 day then it beep beep....nonstop. He installed 0806 with hardwire kit. At this time, I didn't know about hardwire kit can kill 0806 . Then I exchange with him the new one. Then the new one become brick after 2 day. I removed hardwire kit. Then exchange the new one.
The second custumer: when I install 0806 in his car, when I first plugin the power, then 0806 is beep beep... nonstop and couldn't start. Don't know why.
But when I brought them to home. And powered it again, unless the brick one, everything seem fine. For now, I sold about 12 of them but still fear about them. Maybe as you said, I am unlucky with 0806.
But why I have to choose 0806 with luck, when I can pick something more stablility ?

Better to go for 0826

Better yet
Get something not Mini o80/090 anything.
Is it news to anyone that MINI is not a brand?
And not being a brand means there is no one company that will take responsibility for accurately representing the product.
No one company that will provide customer service & updates, or accept responsibility & resolution for problems
No one company that can take pride in developing & marketing a quality product
No one with a reputation to uphold

You buy a Mini and you take your chances.

There are branded manufacturers on this forum that can & will do better than that

Thank you for the review
I am pleased to see that you tested in Motion Detect Mode and look forward to an update.

All 0826's have motion detect. Some resellers don't advertise it as it was not yet tested and proven to be functional. Just being cautious i guess. Better to promise less and deliver more, rather than the other way round.

Better yet
Get something not Mini o80/090 anything.
Is it news to anyone that MINI is not a brand?
And not being a brand means there is no one company that will take responsibility for accurately representing the product.
No one company that will provide customer service & updates, or accept responsibility & resolution for problems
No one company that can take pride in developing & marketing a quality product
No one with a reputation to uphold

You buy a Mini and you take your chances.

There are branded manufacturers on this forum that can & will do better than that

I don't think so. If some products have problem, we simple don't import from the manufactures which produce these product.
The manufactures can't provide any good, then won't have order, then can't get the money. That's simple.

I don't think so. If some products have problem, we simple don't import from the manufactures which produce these product.
The manufactures can't provide any good, then won't have order, then can't get the money. That's simple.

Thanks thancam
I truly appreciate your willingness as a retailer to screen & test products before you market them to the public.
I also find your "cut 'em loose" attitude toward poor manufacturers refreshing.
We might have avoided an 0806 debacle had more retailers taken the same approach.

In short your business approach could be good news for the dash cam buyer.
Tell me please!
As part of your business ethic would you be willing to prominently disclose the name of the manufacture for each camera that you sell?
Would you also be willing to lend your brand (company) name to the product?

The goal would be to
- enable the consumer to know exactly which one of the many manufactures actually built the camera.
- offer the name of a your company as the one that will accept the responsibility for fixing problems, enabling upgrades, and providing general customer service.

If you are willing and able to adopt such policies it could put you head & shoulders above your competition.

Best regards
Edward

Last edited:
As part of your business ethic would you be willing to prominently disclose the name of the manufacture for each camera that you sell?

so he does all the hard work to decide who to buy from and his competitor can just go and buy the same product, or worse when some other seller wants to catch sales they just say the product is from the same supplier

- offer the name of a your company as the one that will accept the responsibility for fixing problems, enabling upgrades, and providing general customer service.

to top it off he ends up being the support channel for people that bought elsewhere

not having a go at you but hope you can see why it makes no commercial sense for him as a business, a better idea is just to put his own name on the product and support it well for his own customers, that's what's missing, too many sellers just buy generic and never take ownership of any problems

so he does all the hard work to decide who to buy from and his competitor can just go and buy the same product, or worse when some other seller wants to catch sales they just say the product is from the same supplier
to top it off he ends up being the support channel for people that bought elsewhere

not having a go at you but hope you can see why it makes no commercial sense for him as a business, a better idea is just to put his own name on the product and support it well for his own customers, that's what's missing, too many sellers just buy generic and never take ownership of any problems

"
I agree with you Joklin.
And exactly where I had hoped this would go
Thanks for taking this to its logical conclusion
Ownership = pride = standing by the product = success (one hopes)

Is there anyone currently represented on the forum with that type of business model?

"
Is there anyone currently represented on the forum with that type of business model?

there are brands in different markets that do put their name on some of this generic product, don't know that they are members here though

Back