Review: Original Xiaomi Yi A12 Dual Core 1296p Wi-Fi ADAS Dashcam - Golden (Gearbest)

It's a pity for forced time ... you would like to "slow down" your capture video to avoid evidence of your speed in case of car crash and you can't do with time impressed (ok, you could crop the video but someone could notice that ...)

I think if you need to fake your evidence perhaps it's not something you should be showing in the first place ;)

I get my countermeasures, don't worry. By the way, don't let my avatar makes fun: I'm not Goemon Ishikawa XIII :cool:

I thought it is good to update the title as Yi dashcam not using the A12 chipset.

I thought it is good to update the title as Yi dashcam not using the A12 chipset.
It is using Yi A12 Dual Core as mentioned in the title.
Title doesn't mention ambarella A12 so it's correct.

chipset is not A12 though
Not sure what you mean.
Product page mentions this:
CPU: YI A12 dual core

I also mentioned 'aka NT96660' and also not to be confused with Ambarella A12.
What chipset does it use then?

Has anyone taken it apart? I will laugh so hard if it's a NT96660 with the Novatek writing still on.

Has anyone taken it apart? I will laugh so hard if it's a NT96660 with the Novatek writing still on.

some manufacturers go to the trouble of removing the printing off the processors or printing their own logos on, nobody does enough quantity to justify the cost of having their own chipset, not even GoPro, think about it ;)

ot even GoPro, think about it
Don't they sort of do that do that tough? I thought they kind of bullied other manufactures out of one of the Ambarella chipsets like they hold the development tools for it or something to that effect.

they can paint a logo on the processor but as soon as there's a firmware released someone will decompile it and reveal what it is, not sure why they bother trying to hide what they use
I like looking through firmwares :)

Don't they sort of do that do that tough? I thought they kind of bullied other manufactures out of one of the Ambarella chipsets like they hold the development tools for it or something to that effect.

not quite, they are a large enough customer that they get to dictate who else can have the same chipset and what functionality they get, their quantity exceeds their nearest competitor ten fold and they still don't have the quantity needed to justify making their own chipset

not quite, they are a large enough customer that they get to dictate who else can have the same chipset and what functionality they get, their quantity exceeds their nearest competitor ten fold and they still don't have the quantity needed to justify making their own chipset
Is that why others have not been able to duplicate Hero 4's performance-can't get the A 9 CPU?

Is that why others have not been able to duplicate Hero 4's performance-can't get the A 9 CPU?

yes, GoPro restrict what functionality is offered to other customers, unfortunately they are a large enough customer to call the shots

Are Ricoh and Nikon large enough in the chip business to have their own 4k capable CPU? Each is introducing a new action cam!

Back