Review: Original Xiaomi Yi A12 Dual Core 1296p Wi-Fi ADAS Dashcam - Golden (Gearbest)

unlikely they manufacture their own processors
I have always been desirous of the many FOV's and Resolutions of the Hero 4. 'can't bring myself to take a $500 cam underwater!

the Hero 4. 'can't bring myself to take a $500 cam underwater!

I'm sure quite a lot of GoPro owners also have some other cheaper camera for exactly that reason, less to lose when things go wrong, particularly if it's only very occasional use and hard to justify the expense

A73PR0.jpg
0nyAM8.jpg
4r0OBL.jpg

@GearBest

I just got this and installed it but haven't taken it out yet but the suction sucks... Got it from gearbest and I don't like the mount it comes with. However, some customer photos show a different mount and I want that one. It's not as adjustable but seems to be more sturdy than the one that comes w/ the dashcam. The android app is all in English now even the instructions and what not. The QR code still takes you to the original url which is in Chinese but its obvious what to click to download. Haven't seen the iOS app though. Even though the app is in English, you still can't change the language of the actual dashcam which kinda sux but once you figure out what is what you don't really need translations unless some error pops up then you're screwed. Lol

Oh and you can remove the YI logo and other things in options in the app. The dashcam itself won't have the option to remove the logo or time stamp which is weird but everything you can do on the dashcam you can do on the app and much more.

Is there firmware that has English?

tnx

Last edited:
How do I find a replacement battery for this camera? Are there 3 pins? Thank you.

Back