Review: Vantrue N4 Pro WiFi DashCam 3-Channel - 4k Front and 1080P Inside cabin & Rear with GPS and Voice Control

What Angie mean is just that yes there is a live preview you can see in the APP; but its generally just for lining up the cameras during install.
Oh ok, so when you're right next to it. The 67W seems to be the only one so far. I liked the idea of the Omni where it has a 360 degree view. The N4 Pro was nice because the interior cam covered the sides.

Yeah. all dashcams do have a fairly weak wifi, though some you can access ( if its still on ) via say your home wifi, but then your car have to be parked pretty close to the router.

I am testing the Omni, its a funny little camera, it do support smart as far as i know, but via a additional 4G access point.

I do not think of what interior cameras can see out of the windows as any form of side coverage, i must insist on proper cameras on the glass ( side )

Yeah. all dashcams do have a fairly weak wifi, though some you can access ( if its still on ) via say your home wifi, but then your car have to be parked pretty close to the router.

I am testing the Omni, its a funny little camera, it do support smart as far as i know, but via a additional 4G access point.
I was looking at the Omni but wasn't sure of the live-preview aspect. I really like the 360 degree coverage though.

Well yes it can pan around, you can also get it to do that by saying shoot left / right / take selfie, but just for a few seconds then it turn back to "start " position.
You can manual turn it in the APP, but it is tedious so not something i would bother with.

It also have AI motion detect, and sure it DO NOT crank out a lot of motion recordings, actually in the many months i have run it now ( with parking guard on ) it have only made like 5 recordings.
For it to go off, well a human shape have to " stand still" in front of the camera for 10 -15 seconds, then it will track that person just fine.
It will also look around if you bump the car and trigger the G-sensor.

Either way i dont see much worth in it, aside for it is 1 camera doing more cameras work, i can assure you if someone break into your car, and that thing is panning around, the guy will rip that off in a second flat.
Actually the thing moving, i think it attract attention to itself, which can be both a good and a bad thing, i lean mostly towards the latter.

Dont get me wrong i am moving the omni soon, not out of my car to static window sill testing, but i move it to the middle of my windscreen, but then down low on it, where i think i can get away with it if a POed policeman got any issues.

The omni footage, even if its just 1080p, then i like it, there is something about the Omniovision sensor it use.

I see what you mean by somebody watching it spin around. Ya so I don't know, that's why I thought the N4 Pro could pick up that side stuff. Thanks kamkar, lots of good info.

No sweat, here to help PPL make informed decisions.

Though that often end in a compromise it seem, the perfect dashcam have still not been made.

The Omni needs some work and the N4 Pro is at the top of my list for now.

What Angie mean is just that yes there is a live preview you can see in the APP; but its generally just for lining up the cameras during install.
Angie :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I think this old guy might be in heat, or maybe its just the 1 week long return of summer, now that it is fall in Denmark.

I think this old guy might be in heat, or maybe its just the 1 week long return of summer, now that it is fall in Denmark.
Hopefully it's the latter, I'm not wanting the first one thank you

So without me starting a new thread, what do you guys think about waiting for the N40 Pro to get real-time preview? There are 1 or 2 other cams that have it but I really like the N40 Pro and the Omni. Vantrue support said their engineers are working on it.

Was checking prices, the U3000 is $700 in Canada...is it worth 300 bucks more than the N40 Pro, A810 & A139 Pro?

Was checking prices, the U3000 is $700 in Canada...is it worth 300 bucks more than the N40 Pro, A810 & A139 Pro?
If you're asking that question , you already know the answer.

So without me starting a new thread, what do you guys think about waiting for the N40 Pro to get real-time preview? There are 1 or 2 other cams that have it but I really like the N40 Pro and the Omni. Vantrue support said their engineers are working on it.
There will always be something new in development. We don't know price. We don't know when it will come to market. We don't know how well the feature will work, or even how it will work. We don't know any compromises, like battery drain to enable a feature like this. So it's a case of if you think the current product ticks the boxes you need to have ticked, I would buy now. If you must have something like real-time preview, wait or buy something else - you won't kick yourself for waiting unless you have no camera whilst you wait and there's an event you wished it had been there to record! :)

Only you can make these choices for you.

True, but I like to hear what you guys think also. ;)
The parking modes on the U3000 seem to be reported as particularly good, if that's important to you. Only you can evaluate if that's $300 extra good to you.

The parking modes on the U3000 seem to be reported as particularly good, if that's important to you. Only you can evaluate if that's $300 extra good to you.
Oh for sure, but it's nice to hear what other owners have to say. There might be something that a person overlooked that could be a turning point in making a purchase.

Back