Rexing V1 Audio Record Problem

LMC13

Reaction score
Country
United States
I purchased a Rexing V1 last fall and it seemed to work fine for the first week or two. Then I hadn't checked the video files until about 2 months ago. I found the audio recording had been cutting in and out intermittently. The video recording looked just fine. I'd put it back in the car and go for a test drive and it'd be fine but then a week later I checked and it was intermittent again. I contacted Rexing and quickly replaced the unit. Again, same thing. Fine at first, but check it a week or so later and the audio is intermittent. Contacted them yet again and a "no questions asked" swap. Now on the 3rd unit and again the same issue. Camera seems fine when first installed and then a week or so later and intermittent recorded audio. I'm using a SanDisk 32GB microSD card Class 10, which is what I think is recommended. I have the unit always powered on and recording in highest resolution setting. I've tried reformatting the micro SD card and returning the unit back to default settings and always the same. Eventually intermittent recorded audio. Anyone having the same issue? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

3 units with exactly the same issue ? Thats strange.
And what Rexing says about that, what could be cause ?

They haven't said anything, the just replaced the unit. I just sent them an email saying the 3rd one is doing the same thing and asking them to talk to their engineers to recommend a solution or cause.

They haven't said anything, the just replaced the unit. I just sent them an email saying the 3rd one is doing the same thing and asking them to talk to their engineers to recommend a solution or cause.

Can you upload to YouTube some video where we can hear how exactly audio cutting in and out ?

I'd suggest you to take video indoors using a wall adapter.
It could be car's charger that's causing issues.

I'm using the power adapter, which came with the camera. I swapped out the power adapter between the original and first replacement in case that was the issue. There was no change. The car's power source should not be an issue. If the camera is so sensitive that it is the car's power then I don't want the camera. I've used GoPro cameras before without issue. Also, the camera has an internal battery, which should buffer any power issues. There's no visible change in the video quality when the audio kicks in and out. Here's a link to a video I took today:

Thanks for your help!

I'm using the power adapter, which came with the camera. I swapped out the power adapter between the original and first replacement in case that was the issue. There was no change. The car's power source should not be an issue. If the camera is so sensitive that it is the car's power then I don't want the camera. I've used GoPro cameras before without issue. Also, the camera has an internal battery, which should buffer any power issues. There's no visible change in the video quality when the audio kicks in and out. Here's a link to a video I took today:

Thanks for your help!

This is quite sudden in and out sound change. I was hoping to hear fading in and out.
Does this sound recording issue starts from very first minute of when dascham starts recording, or it takes some time to get to that point when microphone become malfunctioning ?

When you shake the camera, do you hear anything rattling?
Maybe mic is not glued in properly.

I have the camera powered 100% of the time since the 12V outlet it's connected to is unswitched. Right from starting the car to driving this is happening although the unit was powered up before starting the car. So the unit may have been powered on for a week or longer.

When you shake the camera, do you hear anything rattling?
Maybe mic is not glued in properly.
There is nothing rattling inside of the unit.

I think once doing a power cycle it goes back to recording audio no problem. but then after powered on for some longer period of time it starts having audio issue. As I mentioned, I have it powered 100% of the time. I'll need to do more testing to see.

If most people have the power switched with the ignition, then maybe this is why it hasn't been reported before.

I think once doing a power cycle it goes back to recording audio no problem. but then after powered on for some longer period of time it starts having audio issue. As I mentioned, I have it powered 100% of the time. I'll need to do more testing to see.

If most people have the power switched with the ignition, then maybe this is why it hasn't been reported before.

Maybe having working 24/7 overheats something on PCB causing microphone to malfunction ? Try recording only while you drive for few days and check result.

RE: My post above.
All of the issues with the V1P have been resolved.
See my updated thread here

Back