Rexing V1P Plus Out of the box but with problems...

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A119S
I just picked up a Rexing V1P Plus.
First issue, out of the box, despite several attempts to format the card, kept coming up "Memory Error".
The instructions are in the manual and are quite simple. After several attempts, the message went away.
Second problem occurred when I tried to play the card on a computer. The first player shows black screen, but the audio plays.
The second player I tried, a VLC player, plays card as if it were a picture, the screen is frozen on the image it opens on, as if it is a photo, but plays the audio. After running for a few seconds, the picture changes to a later screen picture and freezes. I have several loops I have tried, three minute loops, it does the same for the entire loop, on all the loops, I had about five loops.
All the while the audio is playing fine.
I tried another card from another camera, these play normally.
The difference seems to be the Rexing.
Any ideas?

Last edited:
Rexing makes a point of advising against using SanDisk SD cards - tho I don't know why.
My old Rexing V1P (now discontinued) ran on a SanDisk card for 6 years without any issue.
The other thing that comes up with Rexing is to update/replace camera's firmware (but only if you are experiencing issues).

I just picked up a Rexing V1P Plus.
First issue, out of the box, despite several attempts to format the card, kept coming up "Memory Error".
The instructions are in the manual and are quite simple. After several attempts, the message went away.
Second problem occurred when I tried to play the card on a computer. The first player shows black screen, but the audio plays.
The second player I tried, a VLC player, plays card as if it were a picture, the screen is frozen on the image it opens on, as if it is a photo, but plays the audio. After running for a few seconds, the picture changes to a later screen picture and freezes. I have several loops I have tried, three minute loops, it does the same for the entire loop, on all the loops, I had about five loops.
Any ideas?
What type of memory card are you using? Brand, Speed Class, Write Speed, and Storage capacity have a profound effect on dash cam performance. These are our recommendations for memory cards listed on our website.

Card Requirements
  • Class 10/UHS-I or higher MicroSD/SDHC/SDXC memory card up to 256GB (not included)
  • Recommendation: Kingston Canvas Go! MicroSD / Kingston Canvas React MicroSD / SanDisk High Endurance MicroSD
  • NOTE: Please don’t use SanDisk Ultra cards with our cameras

Any ideas?

Try playing the rexing card in a different computer.

Getting audio and no video might be due to the codec used.

The sdcard could be counterfeit. This is common with SanDisk brand. After testing the sdcard on another computer run some test programs on the card.
You'll find the program here

SD card testers

SD card formatter

Cheers.

Last edited:
Back