Rexing V33 3-Channel Install and Review

IronSerif

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone - Back with my 2nd dashcam review! We have a newly minted 16 year old so one of the many things we wanted to do prepare for him to drive was to get a dashcam for him. For our son, we're going to use the Rexing V33 3-channel dashcam as it came with a lot of features we were looking for:
  • 3 cameras - Front, cabin, and rear - Cabin was very important so that way we can monitor what's going on inside in case anything ever happened or came up
  • all cameras with 1440p resolution
  • Night vision
  • Wifi so we can connect to a phone and download the videos through an app
  • GPS
  • Loop recording
First, let's take a look at some of the packaging and what you can expect inside of the box:

20240404_163008.jpg

20240404_163048.jpg
20240404_163230.jpg
20240404_163233.jpg

Rexing included everything that you would need and the length of the rear cable is PLENTY! Installed the V33 in a 2018 Honda Pilot and there was several feet of cable left over so I don't think there would be any worries about running the rear camera cable.

One weird thing I noticed is that the main unit of the V33 is using mini USB cables and input. This isn't really a complaint, but just an odd choice in my opinion, especially when many devices are using USB-C. I don't think I'll ever have to take the dash cam out to connect to a PC, but if this is something you plan on doing just keep the USB input in mind as you'll need a USB mini cable handy. But with my other dash camera's we just connect via wifi or even pull the micro SD card out, so we've never had a case that we needed to remove the whole unit to plug into a computer. Here's a picture of what the left side looks like with the USB mini inputs:

20240404_163241.jpg

Now, on to the installation!

So I will say I'm not an expert at these, as I've only installed 2 dashcams before (both included front and rear cameras), but if you've ever installed a front and rear dashcam, then the process is pretty much the same. Depending on the type of car and your level of experience/comfortability with running cables and hiding them under trim, I would say you could shoot for a 30-45 minute installation window. I like to plug everything in first, to make sure all of the camera's are working, before doing the real installation.

With that being said, here's what the front camera setup looks like, mounted to the right side of the rearview mirror (so closer to the passenger side):

20240404_171225.jpg

Since there are three camera's, you'll have the option on the screen to switch between all 3 cameras, or show a combination of camera views. This is all personal preference of course, and can be cycled through by holding down the UP arrow.

The menu's are pretty easy to navigate through, and all of the buttons are found at the bottom of the main unit. This could take a little bit of time to get used to as you'll have to figure out and memorize which button does what function. One thing that would be nice to see are brightly colored buttons, as the buttons can be hard to see in the dark or dimly lit area (I had to use a flash light to see the buttons while setting this up in the garage).

Here's another picture of the unit installed, with the LCD screen off:

20240406_140754.jpg

And the final picture below is showing the rear camera installed. Again, there's plenty of cable length to go from the front of the unit to the rear dashcam, and this was installed in a Honda Pilot 2018:

20240406_140730.jpg

Videos:

I'm going to add the videos as separate comments after this post!

Final Thoughts:

So far I've been really happy with the the Rexing V33 dashcam! It came with all of the features that I was looking for, especially the ability toe record inside of the cabin. With having plenty of length for the rear camera, there was no issues running the cable front the front of the Honda Pilot to the rear. The connection between the V33 and the app never failed and I never ran into any issues when I accessed the unit to download videos. And I've had no issues in terms of quality of the videos.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and in the next few comments you'll be able to see some video samples!

Thanks for the review - I am considering getting this now. Few questions

1. Does the front camera support 60fps?
2. Can you connect a laptop to the dashcam's wifi to browse/download the files via a browser (on Viofo camera's you can access this at http://192.168.1.254)
3. Any ADAS features (specifically front traffic movement alert)
4. General app reliability (most dashcam apps suck - just how bad does Rexing app suck)?
5. Can you shutoff the cabin camera?
6. How is the performance at the night - would greatly appreciate if you could upload the front/rear videos from a night drive when you can.

2. Can you connect a laptop to the dashcam's wifi to browse/download the files via a browser (on Viofo camera's you can access this at http://192.168.1.254)
4. General app reliability (most dashcam apps suck - just how bad does Rexing app suck)?
6. How is the performance at the night - would greatly appreciate if you could upload the front/rear videos from a night drive when you can.
ADAS is pretty unreliable on dash cameras so I wouldn't even bother with that. They're not the best on cars normally either but at least they have more utility.

Hey there!

FPS - in terms of FPS, in the user manual and the camera menu I'm seeing options for QHD 30fps for all 3 camera.

Connecting via laptop - haven't had a chance to try those yet, but I've tried connecting using my phone and app and also with the microsd card to a microsd card reader, and so far all those worked fine.

App reliability - no connection issues with it so far. I do use a Galaxy Fold Z 5 and what I find though is if I'm accessing the app on the outer screen and then switch to the inner screen (or vice versa), I'll have to restart the app because I can't get to all of the features/functions within the app. App is pretty simple and straight forward though.

Cabin Camera - I haven't seen an option to shut that off and I don't see anything in the manual saying I can shut it off either.

Night performance - I'll pull some videos of night time driving. Since it stays lighter later, we haven't had much night time drive time, but when I get some good videos I'll pull them and post in this thread!

Back