Right-angle mini USB connector

Be careful with that scenario. If the mobius is set to shut down immediately upon loss of power, that should be OK but if it is set for a timed shutdown (even 1 minute), the cam will go into shutdown mode & plugging it back into a power supply will confuse the heck out of it.

I do plan on setting it for immediate shut down because I will be replacing the battery with the Super Capacitor, but excellent point for others reading who may be setting it for timed shut down. I was not aware of this behavior so glad you mentioned it.

I rarely see myself using the "always on" outlet. Only case would be after an accident when I got out of the car and wanted to film the other driver, or if I stopped to go into a store and my car was facing in a direction where something interesting or suspicious was happening.

Have you considered hard-wiring with a voltage protection box, so that the cam records permanently up until the voltage drops to [11.8V], at which point it cuts the power in order to preserve the car battery?

I have seen those mentioned and it is an excellent idea but besides not having the need to have the camera run once I leave the car, I live in a hot climate and don't want the camera running in the hot windshield where I have measured temperatures on one of our less hot days at 158 F (70) inside the windshield.

I do plan on setting it for immediate shut down because I will be replacing the battery with the Super Capacitor, but excellent point for others reading who may be setting it for timed shut down. I was not aware of this behavior so glad you mentioned it.

I rarely see myself using the "always on" outlet. Only case would be after an accident when I got out of the car and wanted to film the other driver, or if I stopped to go into a store and my car was facing in a direction where something interesting or suspicious was happening.
Even with the super cap, the momentary loss of power as my engine is turned over is enough to 'confuse' the camera - sometimes.
And hence why I use a timer, set to 10s. Power is only allowed through to the cam once the timer has had power for 10s continuously.

At the time, the only one I could find on the web was made in USA - but since then, I have found one on ebay from a seller in Bulgaria.
Sent full wiring instructions inc a photo of the circuit board AND a circuit diagram.
I've just noticed in the instructions, it says "please note, the timer will not work if the voltage drops below 10v"
So could also prove useful if you want to leave it running all the time?

Your car won't start if voltage gets down to 10V.

Have you thought about using the delayed start setting on the mobius?

Even with the super cap, the momentary loss of power as my engine is turned over is enough to 'confuse' the camera - sometimes.
And hence why I use a timer, set to 10s. Power is only allowed through to the cam once the timer has had power for 10s continuously.

My ignition switch has several poles, one to power circuits only in the start position, one in only the run position, and one that has the "start" and "run" shorted together so in theory there should not be any loss of power when starting the car. However the 10s timer will be a good alternative if my set up does not work. Thank you for mentioning it.

Mine shipped with 1.17 and it was in that. Also in v2.1 that I'm now running.

nope works fine m8

My charger doctor finally turned up from "Devon, UK" (read: "Singapore"). It showed my hardwire box voltage output to be really unstable - putting out between 3.5-5.1V on a random basis.

I think this might be why my mobius was unhappy with the super cap, but ok with the battery?

My charger doctor finally turned up from "Devon, UK" (read: "Singapore"). It showed my hardwire box voltage output to be really unstable - putting out between 3.5-5.1V on a random basis.

I think this might be why my mobius was unhappy with the super cap, but ok with the battery?
Don't use any charger that can't supply a constant 5V. Sooner or later it will destroy your battery and most likely your camera as well :eek:

Anyone have a link for a hardwire box that supplies a constant 5V?

PS
We're also doing free shipping on all car and action cameras as well check the homepage www.joovuu.com for the voucher code.

Back