Running red light? Yes or no or maybe?

With that last video, was there a red light camera? what was the speed limit there?
40 mph. I was around 45 mph.
There are cameras on top of each light all the way around.

Not trying to be rude or point fingers, but I think you should be less worried about tickets and more worried about hitting someone with the "run the yellow" tenancies.

Tickets suck, accidents suck worse. They could suck forever.....

Not trying to be rude or point fingers, but I think you should be less worried about tickets and more worried about hitting someone with the "run the yellow" tenancies.

Tickets suck, accidents suck worse. They could suck forever.....

No worries.
I admit I was wrong.
I need to relax little bit while driving.

Other ones are more in yellow light.
This one is clearly in red.
I go through that light everyday and thought it had longer yellow light before changing to red but maybe they changed the timing.
We'll see what happens in a week or so.

Honestly, if you are posting them here as "is this yellow or red?" or "look how close I can time it", then you are cutting it wayyy too close. There were none of those that looked like you couldn't stop safely but you were focused on running the yellow rather than being safe. Is two minutes really going to make a difference in your arrival time? If so, leave 5 minutes earlier and drive safer, for everyone's sake.

Is two minutes really going to make a difference in your arrival time? If so, leave 5 minutes earlier and drive safer, for everyone's sake.
Yes, will keep that in mind...
I think those lights have a beef with me... they don't give enough time. ;)

With that last video, was there a red light camera? what was the speed limit there?

More on this.
I researched and found that the yellow light must be timed 1 sec for each 10 mile speed limit.
I timed the yellow light and it's definitely not 4 secs as expected in 40mph zone.
Hmm...

Let me know how that defense works out if you end up in court for running a red......:)

Let me know how that defense works out if you end up in court for running a red......:)

If it ends up in court, of course they'll have upper hand as I'm clearly in the red light.
However, I'm expecting this not to end in a ticket as sometimes they let few seconds let go without a ticket.
I'm hoping for that.

In my opinion, you are not reacting to the yellows (either by slowing or speeding up) and are therefore running red lights. I had problems with that timing when I first got my drivers license...

In my book, if I can see the light turn to red through the top of the windscreen, then I have gotten it wrong.

Back