Safe Method to Charge Yi battery

George1985

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Hello. I have bought Yi cam but haven't use it yet cause i m waiting the Kingma USB dual charger. But as i see the charger will be late to come as i live in europe and the charger coming from China. Until then how can charge the battery with SAFE and wright method so nothing hapened to camera like warming etc.

Which is the correct method? Connect USB with PC not in my options... Maybe connect the Yi cam directly with travel adapter that my mobile has will be charging SAFE? My mobiles (Samsung S5) charger is this

http://www.samsung.com/sg/consumer/mobile-devices/accessories/connectivity/EP-TA10EWEQGWW

Travel Adapter(I/F: Micro USB 3.0 21pin)
Power
  • Input Voltage
    100 - 240Vac

• Output Current
    2.0A

• Output Voltage
    5.3V

So, can i connect the USB cable that Yi cam included with this adapter and charge the battery safe? Will be warm cause 2.0A ? Dont have many knowledges about voltage etc. just hopping 100 - 240Vac, 2.0A, 5.3V are on requirements of the cam to charge directly without any danger.

Thank you very much!

Put the battery into your cam and use the wall plug of your mobile phone and cable which came with the YI cam.

Connect all parts and charging process starts no need to be worried.

I usually charge it with usb cable while connected to PC, not intentionally, but just forgetting to disconnect it after browsing vids etc. Other methode I use is simply connecting with phone charger (micro usb connector) to the wall socket. No problems so far.

Thank you. But somewhere in forum i read that post about Yi cam "In instruction booklet, Xiaomi recommends just 1A charger"
Also Dual Usb chargers i see they have 5V instead of 5.3V of my mobile wall adapter.

So is it safe to use my mobiles charger? Because if i understood right, Yi recomends 5V/1Amp and i m gona charge the Yi cam directly with mobile charger with 5.3V/2Amp.
Sorry if i m saying same things but i m afraid after i read these posts about Volt/Amp
Dont wanna hurt the cam (warming overheating etc.)

Is it 100% safe charging with this ? http://www.samsung.com/sg/consumer/mobile-devices/accessories/connectivity/EP-TA10EWEQGWW

You could just plug it into a usb port on your computer.

As i said in fisrt post, usb pc port not in my options.. so it is not recomended with the samsung charger and the only way to wait when the usb dual charger will be delivered :(

Sounds like an excellent plan, then.

I was right then... So i need to find a travel charger with 5v/1A ?

I'm charging my Yi with 2A charger, no problem at all. That is just what the charger is capable of providing, the phone/camera etc then manage the charging and keeping it safe.

I found at home this travel adapter samsung etaou81ewe
5V/1000mAh .
Can i ise this? Or wants 1.5A and more as oficial site says at instructions?

I found at home this travel adapter samsung etaou81ewe
5V/1000mAh .
Can i ise this? Or wants 1.5A and more as oficial site says at instructions?

Since you can charge from a computer, which is just 0,5 A with usb 2, 1A is just fine. Essentially, any usb port will do.

Since you can charge from a computer, which is just 0,5 A with usb 2, 1A is just fine. Essentially, any usb port will do.

Thank you very much! I m charging this moment with 5v/1A . The battery was almost empty 5% as i saw at mobile app. Does anyone know the time it needs to be fully charged? The cam is off, and the ring is red. Somewhere i read that when will be full charged the ring will turn off the light. But dont know how much time full charging needs....

Back