Samples of A129 Pro duo 4K along side the A119 V3 2k in 4K

Compare the distance in the original freeze frames, bump bars, a cyclist, and so on. Both registrars have different focal lengths, the 129 pro has a horizontal angle of 105 degrees, the V3 has 95 degrees in the horizon, so 129 pro seems to be farther, although both recorders are on the same lines relative to the road.
Time in still frames is synchronized.
In the V3 image, the shadow of your car is just touching the line crossing the road. On the Pro, that shadow is about 1m further along the road, so they were not recorded at the same moment in time.

In the V3 image, the shadow of your car is just touching the line crossing the road. On the Pro, that shadow is about 1m further along the road, so they were not recorded at the same moment in time.
Strangely all other shadows seem to be in almost identical places!

I'm guessing it is out by less than 1 frame, and for the car directly ahead of us that is going to make no difference to readability, might give the A129 Pro a tiny advantage for the car coming in the opposite direction.

Reactions: gse
1080p 120fps already present in current firmware using front camera only.

1080p 120fps already present in current firmware using front camera only.
1080p120+720p30 pixel-/data- rate is lower than 1440p60+1080p30. So I belive it is doable.

BTW, could anyone share a raw footage shot at 1080p120?

Compare the distance in the original freeze frames, bump bars, a cyclist, and so on. Both registrars have different focal lengths, the 129 pro has a horizontal angle of 105 degrees, the V3 has 95 degrees in the horizon, so 129 pro seems to be farther, although both recorders are on the same lines relative to the road.
Time in still frames is synchronized.

I have a Pro and V3 with GPS too - I've noticed that the time between the two are not exactly the same, maybe a half second off or so. Not sure why, they should be perfectly synched.

It looks like you are traveling East in the pics (based on time and direction of shadow). Your Longitudinal GPS coordinates are 0.000049 off, which translates to about 5.4 meters. I know GPS are not accurate all the time, and would assume this small of a difference is within a margin of error of some sort. But my eyes don't deceive me when the front of your hood looks well behind the line in the V3 shot, and on the line in the Pro shot. Even the shadow casted is well beyond the line in the Pro shot.

The north and east co-ordinates are reversed on the A129 pro to the A119 V3. i.e. one reads N********* E********** the other E*********N*********

They're the same, at least in the pics GSE posted.

look at the video I posted.

Your Longitudinal GPS coordinates are 0.000049 off, which translates to about 5.4 meters.

5.4 meters.
68599210e5bfac9b25b6f0e1b7e6e284.gif

This is not funny, I think you need to do something with your eyes.
What are you trying to prove to me? a picture with an error of + -1m, this is uncritical, I let the shadow down as you wanted. Got something to say?
In 4K video, objects will be further relative to video V3 is the focal length of the lens.

1.jpg

2.2.jpg

Right - but in GSE pics they are in the same order. Wonder why that is?
Your guess is a good as mine. I am using a pre-public release version of firmware 1.02 maybe GSE tweaked the firmware.
But it is a minor matter as most users will have the V3 or the A129 pro but not both

5.4 meters.
68599210e5bfac9b25b6f0e1b7e6e284.gif

This is not funny, I think you need to do something with your eyes.
What are you trying to prove to me? a picture with an error of + -1m, this is uncritical, I let the shadow down as you wanted. Got something to say?
In 4K video, objects will be further relative to video V3 is the focal length of the lens.

View attachment 48508

View attachment 48509

No worries, not trying to prove anything. Cheers!

No worries, not trying to prove anything.
Do not try to look smarter than others if you do not know anything about them.
Good luck.

Do not try to look smarter than others if you do not know anything about them.
Good luck.
I'm honestly not trying to look smarter than you or anyone else. All I was saying was the comparison should be from the same point on the ground, that's it.

Back