Samples of A129 Pro duo 4K along side the A119 V3 2k in 4K

Official firmware 1.02

I flashed the V3 with the download from Viofo, When get a chance to try it I will find out if it is the co-ordinates sort their selves out. Maybe the pre-release version I was using is the problem.

In motion 129 Pro 4K vs V3:
Settings for both registrars:
Official firmware
Maximum bitrate
Resolution 2560 * 1440
Expo minus -1/3
CPL - OFF
WDR - OFF

129_PRO .jpg

V3.jpg

I find both dashcams pretty good visually. Might reconsider and just get the A119 v3 and save some bucks over the A129 pro. I don’t see much of a difference. In fact I can make out the lic plate a tad better with the A119 v3 when I zoomed in a bit on the SUV

Last edited:
I find both dashcams pretty good visually. Might reconsider and just get the A119 v3 and save some bucks over the A129 pro. I don’t see much of a difference. In fact I can make out the lic plate a tad better with the A119 v3 when I zoomed in a bit on the SUV

With these two, I think it really comes down to whether you want a rear dashcam or not.

With these two, I think it really comes down to whether you want a rear dashcam or not.

On second thought, I will get the 129 pro 1channel since I do want Wi-Fi and I don’t need the rear camera. A119 v3 doesn’t have Wi-Fi and I don’t have a computer, but an iPad, so I would like to update the firmware via Wi-Fi.

Yes, there's not much difference when both are set to the same resolution 2560x1440

Reactions: gse
A129 Pro has higher resolution, and better dynamic range so less over-exposed highlights

A119V3 has more sensitive sensor to 'see' better in low light

The A129 Pro also has a wider field of view so it can see more, and see further due to the extra resolution, the only place it loses out to the A119 V3 is on motion blur. Sometimes motion blur is the most important factor, but only sometimes.

The A119 V3 has a narrower field of view than most dashcams, not a big difference, but things can fall off the edge of the image.

Why do all of these images show 1080p instead of native resolution? Is there a way to upload the highest resolution of both cameras side by side or is that a forum limitation?

YouTube or rendering choice. not everyone can play 4K. YouTube decides the best viewing option depending on the viewers hardware. All samples by me here are render 4k even the 2k V3 samples. No you can not have two different resolution in the same frame/video.

YouTube will play at your native resolution you may have to change the setting in YouTube if you are capable of playing 4K.
To display both resolutions together the lower resolution would appear as a smaller boxed screen in a 4K video so would not display at 16:9. and not a true representation.
There are a few RAW sample on this site search and you will find them.

Last edited:
Why do all of these images show 1080p instead of native resolution? Is there a way to upload the highest resolution of both cameras side by side or is that a forum limitation?
All images in this forum show at max 1080p when you click on them. If you then double click, they will show at full resolution - if they were uploaded larger than 1080p in the first place.

Reactions: gse
Ok, but all the images in this thread are being displayed at 1080p. That's why I was asking even the ones labeled higher resolution. This is from the opened image above of the a129. It's still showing 1920x1080. Applies to all of the images in this thread even when I download, windows shows they are 1080p in properties.

1568576000888.png

Back