SD Card Questions Which one How big

snapper

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi Everyone

Thanks to the advice on this forum I just purchased a couple of these DVR-027 cameras.

Now my questions are about SD cards.

1. What size? 16 or 32 GB?
2. Cheapo Transend class 10 off ebay or is it worth getting the Sandisk Ultra or Extreme?
3. What about Kingston Class 10 ?

Any input would be apreciated

thanks

1. With any device, I always go for the biggest card that the device can handle. I would go for the 32GB.

2. I don't like cheapo cards, and go for a proven card. My card is a Sandisk 32GB Class 10. Not the Ultra or Extreme one, and it works fine.

3. Kingston is a good brand as well. Some people just have personal preferences.

iamdrumming said:
1. With any device, I always go for the biggest card that the device can handle. I would go for the 32GB.

2. I don't like cheapo cards, and go for a proven card. My card is a Sandisk 32GB Class 10. Not the Ultra or Extreme one, and it works fine..

I second this if you can i would grab a 32GB card. I also use a 32GB Sandisk Class 10 Ultra card in my DVR-027.

Amazon 32GB Sandisk Ultra

I have also seen Transcend offered with cameras but have never used them.
Amazon 32GB Transcend Class 10

and of course actual space is about 29.7GB

So my next question is why 32 gb?

If a 16 gb can hold ~5 hrs of recording time. What is the benefit to having more recording time?

I am proabably missing the obvious.

cheers

Why not? :D
Really though from a price standpoint at least on Amazon 10 extra dollars gets you twice as much space.
For me at least it is neat to put the card in to glance over and see i still have video from the past two or three days sometimes.
Maybe if you plan to take a trip across state
If you might want to leave your camera on all day outside your house for what ever reason. I have personally always wanted to do a 5+ hour time lapse parked outside during the day, but i have not been motivated enough to do so some free weekend.

In this case, size does not matter. That is, unless you are making a documentary of your trip. The most common reason for getting a dash cam is to provide video evidence of who was at fault at the time of an accident. Usually the last 5 seconds of the video contain the damning evidence. Since the good cams loop and record over old video, even a one GB card would be fine.

Back