Sd Card won't lock in

C W

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, I just received a mobius for my birthday. When I insert the Micro Sd card it will not stay locked in. It springs right back out everytime. My Sd card is a class 4 8gb PNY. Anyone else having this problem? thanks alot

Most likely the tiny latch inside the cage is damaged or, if you're very lucky, just stuck. If it's damaged there's not much you can do short of replacing the card cage.
Are you sure you're pushing in the card far enough?
Since the camera's new, you'll most probably be better off sending your camera back for replacement. Sorry I don't have any better news.

Reactions: C W
Try pressing it in using the tip of your finger nail. They need to be pushed in deeper than the slot (and not flush as once clicked in they do come out again about 1mm)

Try pressing it in using the tip of your finger nail. They need to be pushed in deeper than the slot (and not flush as once clicked in they do come out again about 1mm)
thanks for the info, I just tried and still pops straight back out. I bought it used off ebay is the bad thing about it.

Hmmm, you could contact the seller and mention it to them and see what they say.

Thanks guys for all the help I belive the sd card cage is damaged. I'm going to try find a camera repair service in town see if they can help.

I had the same problem with a Mobius. For me it worked to bend downwards the little metal piece from the right side of the card's cage (without the card inside). That blade is putting pressure on the lock mechanism.
a5889731-87-P6280045.jpg

2gtoyrq.png
[/IMG]
okbybt.png

The black circle or Yellow circle? Thanks alot guys sorry for so msny questions. Thanks for helping newbie out.

The black one. If you press it gently (with a tooth pick for example) while inserting/ejecting a card you will feel the lock mechanism working... if it's working. Good luck.

Back