SD card

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone know what speed Thinkware micro 128 cards are? A1/A2/A3?
Thanks

In my experience, it's not the headline speed of the card that matters; it's the ability of the badly fragmented card to maintain a reasonable, uninterrupted write speed while also deleting older files at the same time.
It's a whole different world to the published speed tests.
Some surprisingly 'on paper' low spec cards cope well while some surprisingly 'on paper' fast cards - usually mid-priced cards claiming to offer top-end speeds - end up stumbling, momentarily interrupting the ability of the cam to write in-progress recordings to the card, and causing cams to shut down intermittently.

Thanks, I have some A1 cards that I have for my other cameras but for this one I’ll get the A2 I think,faster
Thanks

SD and Micro SD cards information

The Application Performance Class 2 (A2) is defined by SD Physical 6.0 specification. It makes SD memory card much higher performance than A1 performance by using functions of Command Queuing and Cache. Efficient flash memory management can be supported by Maintenance functions. Application Performance Class can be applied to UHS SDHC/SDXC Memory Card product family.

Back