Unable to Format Micro-SD Card

ilovepurple159

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
I'm unable to format my micro-SD card. Anyone else have this issue? Its not locked because the SD adapter I use to put the micro-sd into doesn't have a "lock" feature. Not a physical one I can see.

Memory cards revert to read only mode if they encounter a serious problem, they do so to at least preserve the data that is already there.
There are no way to reverse this that i am aware of.

Really? Never heard of this, what would be classified as a "serious problem" ?

See sdtool which will may explain further and perhaps fix the problem if you have a proper operating system.
However, I have several defective SD adapters in which the lock tab seems to be made of the wrong sort of plastic and does not enable write mode, so it might be worth trying a different adapter. Your adapter without a lock feature might also be using the wrong sort of plastic. Of course, if it works with another sd card, then that can't be the problem.

If you hold down the Manual Record button for over 10 seconds it usually forces a memory card format to be done. There was a Software update for the U1000 a fair while ago now that made it work with larger card sizes better (128gb upwards) so it's just worth checking the U1000 is up to date also.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A U1000 13
E U1000 15
TKSX U1000 4
Back