SD Formatter changed!

Can you do that and format in the G1W afterward so they'll work there? I had a used spare formatted Mobius card that wouldn't work in the G1Wc, maybe these G1Whc's are different?

Phil

EDIT: going out in the dark to try this now- BRB

you can use the mobius GUI to format in FAT32 or Exfat, :oops: why the hell dident i think of that, that should work too .

Well it half-worked. Seems that the one new card I've been fooling with all night was bad, but formatting in Mobius was that charm for the other one; it worked immediately in the G1Whc as it was but I formatted it there anyway on principle.

One of the programs I fooled with earlier may have removed the cards partition- guess I'll check that tomorrow and if I can't fix it then it's back to Transcend via Amazon'

Thanks fellas- I owe ya a drink of your choice for the help and if I win the lottery we'll have it in Tahiti :cool:
Phil

One of the programs I fooled with earlier may have removed the cards partition- guess I'll check that tomorrow and if I can't fix it then it's back to Transcend via Amazon'

best thing is use SD Formatter and do a full format back to the default settings to return the card to how it should be, then give it another go formatting in the Mobius

Will do that tomorrow- enough digital doo-doo for one evening already :p

Phil

I posted last night and got a reply from the OP of this post.
I found a programme I decided to try and it seems to have worked very easily but I haven't used the card I formatted yet.
Will let you know how it goes after I've used it.

Thought I'd post it here just in case it works for those with Windows 8

http://download.cnet.com/MiniAide-Fat32-Formatter/3000-2094_4-75701815.html

what version where you running, I don't recall any version of this that would let you format large cards as FAT32, must have been an old version, I used to use FAT32formatter but that can be tricky to get working in anything later than Win7
I downloaded SD Formatter recently to format the 64 and 128GB cards to FAT32 and had the same problem as @SawMaster: the program only formats the cards as they are, it doesn't let you change the file system. That's why I had to use GUIformat.

Last edited:
Last edited:
GUI format/Fat32formatter works up to Win7, beyond that it doesn't work correctly, I contacted the developer to see if it was something he was going to fix but he has no interest in maintaining the program unfortunately, in the end I gave up looking so we sorted out in camera formatting instead

In camera is really the way to go.

GUI format/Fat32formatter works up to Win7, beyond that it doesn't work correctly, I contacted the developer to see if it was something he was going to fix but he has no interest in maintaining the program unfortunately, in the end I gave up looking so we sorted out in camera formatting instead
what about running it in compatibility mode to make it think it's running in win7 or xp?

what about running it in compatibility mode to make it think it's running in win7 or xp?

tried all sort of things, it works sometimes but not always, Win 10 seems quite aggressive in taking control of anything that gets plugged in and it would most often come up with 'drive already in use' type messages whenever trying to run the program

i have been on board with win 10 since day 1, and i have not yet seen anything it will not run, or at least not anything that bothered me enough so i would remember it.
That being said i now have registrator viewer fail on me often, it dident do that before my C: drive died and i had to do a clean install on a new HDD.

I have a sneaky feeling its a codec issue, though i have the same pack installed as before. :rolleyes: computers :confused:

I've also been using win 10 since somewhere around build 8000 (the initial public release was build 10240, and the anniversary release is build 14393). Only stuff I've found that won't run is really old games. But then I also dual boot Linux mint and I can use it to do any custom formatting I might need, even using the GUI - no command line magic needed.

Why not dowload the program Go to its location and right click on it and go "Run as administator"

Simples Been doing it for years without fail

Back