Secondary Camera

Hello all!
This is rear view starvis B4K camera(beta) daytime driving footage. what are peoples thought? any ideas for improvements?
More nightime footage coming up shortly! ps: I will need to wash rear glass little dirty! and rear glass is tinted also.

raw footage below.

Last edited:
Best to upload raw footage to google drive and share us the download link for check, thanks!
Can you help?

Definitely needs some window-washing. My van gets like that in 1-2 days, or in a few minutes when raining, so when doing video tests I have to clean them first. Is this the standard rear cam? Not too bad for AHD and the price. I'm probably going to get one in time; might as well use the second channel since it has that capability :)

Phil

@Arium is the front cam running in 2.7K or 4K resolution? The framerate on the rear cam looks somewhat stuttery. If you set the resolution to FHD+FHD, it might be a bit smoother.

@Arium is the front cam running in 2.7K or 4K resolution? The framerate on the rear cam looks somewhat stuttery. If you set the resolution to FHD+FHD, it might be a bit smoother.
front is 4k. im not sure why its stuttery, it has always been like this. rear frame rate is 24fps. It would be good to hear feedback from anyone else running a rear camera also.

Not many rear cams out there yet as they were only recently made available.

Phil

The front cam also drops framerate when 4K is used. So I have a feeling the encoder is struggling to keep up so the firmware drops the rate. Even in 2.7K the media file reports 30 fps but if you play it frame by frame, there's quite a lot of repeated/filler frames to make the file up to 30 fps, so it's probably reading from the sensor at a bit lower framerate. So far in FHD+FHD I've not detected such issue (or at least it's not to the point where I felt nauseous enough to want to confirm it).

Back