Sending back to China....

Has anyone had the misfortune to have to send these camera's back to EPrance(China)?
No misfortune for me yet, because most important that you dont send via Express ( use standard national registered post ) and do not declare as "faulty, broken". This is requirement from most chinese sellers I had to deal with different electronics warranty returns within past 15y. China customs dont like "importing" a broken / faulty stuff.

I have an Eprance and came within hairbreath of sending back until I corrected simple but not obvious nuances. Now its mounted to my daily driver and I haven't touched for near a year and have another on order.

I have three units from three differant brands and all instructions have room for improvement. I suggest they create online documents that detail each setting with purpose, effect, results, and potential conflict with desired operation (ie excessive battery drain, memory use, picture quality, etc.).

Most people who buy from EPrance make sure it is "fulfilled by Amazon", then you only have to send it back to Europe so there is no customs issue and Amazon don't argue about refunds.

Just out of interest, what is wrong with it? If it is just the battery then you might be better off replacing the battery rather than sending it back.

Only for the initial returns period mate (can't remember if it's 30 or 45 days) - after that you still have to deal with EPramce directly. I sent two back before the window closed and support and returns were like direct Amazon items, the next one which was six months after purchase had to be dealt with by EPrance.

i returned both my 0801 and 0803 (given up on the Mini series now) to Amazon UK despite it being after the initial 30 day period. They do ask that you try and deal with EPrance first to resolve any issues but in the end they will take the items back when they are 'fulfilled by Amazon'. In my experience I never once had a reply from EPrance to any support requests so perhaps that is why Amazon just refunded me.
I have now gone to a better supported Transcend DrivePro 200 and a NextBase 402G which really are fit and forget type cameras.

Before I got "into the business" I returned two mini 0801's last year to e-prance ebay china store and aliexpress GIVOE in China. (don't remember how much, but USPS wasn't cheap)
I gave up on the mini 0801 after battling unstable firmwares for a few months.

Back