Sending/sharing footage

O yeah there my memory snapped, it was US navy i read about dooing that not many days ago, but ill be dammed if i could find it again in all my bookmarks of tech / computer hardware sites :rolleyes:

EDIT:
The U.S. Office of Personnel Management released a statement today saying that as many as twenty five million people are affected by the hack last month.

I agree but the security issue has definitely become a major concern from what I've heard. Of course, we just have to watch the evening news these days to know that. I can imagine the cops would be a very juicy target for a crook with hacking skills.

Just saw on TV news where anyone who works for, has worked for, or has applied to work for the US Government had their personal information (including fingerprints) hacked :eek: Online security is never up-to-date; the patches go out only after someone finds where a bad guy has been digging around. If the main US government can't keep hackers and malware out of their secure systems then don't expect the small local Police force to do any better. Nobody is ever really secure, especially of there is an online connection involved somewhere.

Somewhere in the future I expect we're going to see a very high Court ruling regarding electronic evidence. Evidence is evidence no matter the mode used, it's format, or it's form of storage. If they require you to submit vids as .avi on a DVD but yours were taken as .mov on a SD card, then if you translate them to their preferred format it could be argued that you've altered the evidence rendering it unacceptable. It would take a detailed analysis by a computer expert to prove that both vids are essentially the same, and that would make a bigger mess out of the Court system than we have now. The PD may not want to accept your form of evidence, but the Courts are compelled to allow you to present it. AFAIK there is but one form of incontrovertible photographic evidence in the US because it is the only one which it is impossible to alter- Polaroids!

This is why I say that you let your lawyer handle things; hopefully they will know how to legally do the transfer without rendering the original invalid. If you want to deal directly with the Police the best way would be for you to first show them on your own laptop/tablet/cam viewscreen then see if they want more. Offer to upload it to youtube for private viewing so they can follow their department protocols (I'm sure every PD has someone authorized to go online for things like this). If you want to 'jump through the hoops' and do things their way then by all means go ahead but remember this: The Police are only an investigatory and enforcement body, they are not the Court where the legal decisions are made, and in the end it's what the Courts, not the Cops, do that really matters.

Phil

Some argue "well linux is safer"
But i dont think so, at least not if all the hackers turned avay from windows and focussed on linux hacks.
There really is some goverment systems that should be offline or at least on ther own grid far avay from the general internet.

And i agree many ppl think the police is the law, but they are not, they only try to uphold the law made by the lawmakers ppl vote on.
So if you have a gripe with a given law or the way its uphold, there is ways to go about that in a democracy at least, and NO firebombing a police station is not the way to go about that.
Sure democracies can be pretty slow working, but at least you are allowed to get other ppl behind your standpoint in a efford to speed things up.

Just try to live a little in some dump of a country, and you will soon praise the slow moving democracy you have where you live.
And luckily technology is at a stage where you can use that against your government to dokument the wrongs or shortcommings, and that in turn should speed up the wind of change.

Sure we came a long way since the Greeks came up with demos kratos, and there is still a long way to go, and yes looking at Greece today its still possible to go backwards.

Back