Serious (spectacular) traffic violation

CrosstownTee

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Dash Cam
GS90C Ambarella A7LA70
Caught a near-accident last week.
A foreign (non-Belgian) Nissan side-swiped over a full line, almost hitting another driver. Fortunately that driver was paying attention and managed to evade the situation. Close call...

Really bad display of "driving" :rolleyes:

There is something deeply flawed about humans, when we want/need something badly enough we become very selective about what information we accept for our decision making progress. E.g. "If I miss this turn it will add time to my journey, but if I cut across when it isn't safe someone could die." In the heat of the moment we might only think as far as the first part.
I've learned not to fall into this trap, maybe it needs to be part of driver training.

I remember many years ago doing such a badly thought-out move (without anyone near, thankfully.) And only once has missing a turn added a significant amount of time to my journey (30 minutes.) Of the two, it's the first one I regret and feel foolish about.

I agree Rajagra.
...I've learned not to fall into this trap, maybe it needs to be part of driver training...

Me too, over the years I've been driving more and more defensively, even though I thought of myself being a defensive driver when I first started driving 20 years ago... I'm not sure if it's something you can learn during training... I've learnt to drive defensively... but gaining insight and prudence in traffic... I'm afraid it only comes with experience, well, that is, if it comes at all :rolleyes:

Me too, over the years I've been driving more and more defensively, even though I thought of myself being a defensive driver when I first started driving 20 years ago... I'm not sure if it's something you can learn during training... I've learnt to drive defensively... but gaining insight and prudence in traffic... I'm afraid it only comes with experience, well, that is, if it comes at all :rolleyes:
My first 5 years of motorcycle riding taught me more about driving than I probably would have learned if I had only driven since I got my license. ;)

Back