Set up video for A129 plus duo?

Read the instructions!

Reboot means wait for the camera to reboot itself.

No need to reformat, but you will need to go through the settings again.

no, just sit and wait, the camera will reboot when done, it's not asking you to restart the camera, that's something you don't want to do
Worked just like you guys said. Is the rear camera updated ?

Attachments

• 03E8E9A0-4A36-41AD-9671-0BF5D539F5AE.jpeg
    03E8E9A0-4A36-41AD-9671-0BF5D539F5AE.jpeg
    269.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 363F54D2-8380-44E4-B242-BC7EE589B96F.png
    363F54D2-8380-44E4-B242-BC7EE589B96F.png
    328.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 3CD5FDB1-C0BA-475A-8566-157C35FA483D.jpeg
    3CD5FDB1-C0BA-475A-8566-157C35FA483D.jpeg
    191.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 6EA5958D-49C7-41A1-B006-9A8094DDAFD8.jpeg
    6EA5958D-49C7-41A1-B006-9A8094DDAFD8.jpeg
    196.6 KB · Views: 21
Yes its updated. Well done for persisting with it.
What was the purpose of the firmware update? Without updating, the cameras will still work fine right? Was there something new or new features added? Thanks

Often companies do not list the fixes in a new firmware, it is a pretty sad thing many have adopted.
But at least with viofo it is safe to do as the new firmware have often been tested by testers before it is released, so very small chance of a new firmware ruining a camera.
In general the biggest danger are downloading a firmware for another model and trying to update with that, which are a option with for instance viofo having many models with sort of similar names.
But as long as you are aware of what model you have you should be able to find the correct firmware at the brands home page,,,,, or in here in the correct sub forum.

You can go by " if it aint broke, no need to fix it" but that way you can miss out on for instance image improvements that might have been made, but most often the firmware's are fixes in regard to functionality - new features and most often lastly image improvements.

Street Guardian always have a "whats new" doku with their firmwares listing what change / have been fixed.

I turned off the parking mode to save my car battery cos I would hate to find my carwith dead battery the next day . When I turn off parking mode, I can also turn off motion detection or parking g-sensor right?

What is the feature that saves & locks the file of an accident? It is also called G -SENSOR? I don't want to turn off the right G-SENSOR if that should be turned ON incase of an accident or impacts on my car when driving.
Thanks

Yeah.
I am new with parking mode, only now gotten to try it with a test camera from street guardian, but as i dont really feel i have a use for it, i just use it ( low birtate regular video ) for 1 hour on the timer, this way it cover all my shopping.
And getting home or any other destination 1 hour are fine, even with my pretty modest driving of just 2 - 4 hours every week, also factoring in the battery in my car, well it is small like the car so only 50 Ah as i recall ( just put a new slightly larger than original in the 2012 car )
At home i have CCTV on my parked car, or rather use to have, the camera broke and i have not gotten around to replacing it.

Can you tell me what happens when you get in to an accident with another car on the road or you slipped and hit an object ? The camera will record the incident and "lock" the files so it doesn't get deleted with loop recording feature? To make sure it records and locks the file, I have to have the G-SENSOR turned on and set it to medium or high? There is another "G sensor" under parking mode which I turned off because I have checked the parking mode to OFF. That's fine right? Thanks

Can you tell me what happens when you get in to an accident with another car on the road or you slipped and hit an object ? The camera will record the incident and "lock" the files so it doesn't get deleted with loop recording feature? To make sure it records and locks the file, I have to have the G-SENSOR turned on and set it to medium or high? There is another "G sensor" under parking mode which I turned off because I have checked the parking mode to OFF. That's fine right? Thanks
Most of the settings are best left at the default value, so the medium setting for the g-sensor. In some vehicles it may need adjustment, for example on a tractor. A few false detections such as for potholes isn't really a problem, it shouldn't fill the card up, just means they are kept on the card for much longer. You can also manually press the lock button after an incident, just in case the g-sensor wasn't triggered.

If you do have an accident and want to be certain that the video is safe, the best thing to do is to remove the memory card and store it safely so that nothing can be overwritten. If you keep a spare card in the car then you can just swap them.

In a crash serious enough to prevent you from acting to save the video, a g-sensor setting of low will be enough as long as the g-sensor works at all. And with some cams that is still going to be too sensitive, leading to having a card full of meaningless locked files. The odds are that in a crash this serious, power to the cam will be lost and it will shut down saving the last file normally anyway even without the g-sensor, so if 'low' still gives you too many locked files just turn g-sensor off and don't worry about it- you'll be fine ;)

Phil

When the G sensor triggers due to an accident or hitting an object or potholes,etc, how will I know that file/video clip is locked/saved? I have the turned off the notification sound in the settings.
The lock button is the big yellow mark in the middle? Loop recording length doesn't matter right? Whether I set it to 1 or 3 mins?

Thanks

Back