Set up video for A129 plus duo?

I just take the memory card out of the camera, plug it into the computer (via a memory card reader) and copy the necessary file(s) on to the card, then put the memory card back in the camera and turn the camera on (turn the car ignition on). Job done. This doesn't actually need a computer, my tablet will do it, and it has a built in card reader.
Thanks. That sounds easy . First download those three firmwares on my computer , insert the SD card with its reader and just drag those three downloaded firmwares to the SD card that is plugged into the computer? I will ignore the instruction I was given that says plug in rear camera and connect the front to external charger etc

Thanks. That sounds easy .
Excellent, but I made that a little too easy! Now you've understood that bit I will point out that you still need to follow step 3 of the instructions if you want the rear camera updated.

Excellent, but I made that a little too easy! Now you've understood that bit I will point out that you still need to follow step 3 of the instructions if you want the rear camera updated.
I downloaded the firmwares to PC inserted the SD card to PC and dragged the firmwares to SD card. I am not yet done? Just take out the SD card from PC and put it on camera and install it back on my car? And go to camera settings and press SD card format button and that’s it? I have screenshot of what I did below

Attachments

• 0DC9953F-FADB-48B4-9EFC-46BE434A979A.jpeg
    0DC9953F-FADB-48B4-9EFC-46BE434A979A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
Not quite, the 2nd file should not have the "(4)" on the end of the name, rename it with that deleted and try again.

After you put the memory card back in the camera (with the camera still in the car), turn it on, wait for the screen to come on (may take a while longer than normal), then follow step 3 of the instructions:

3. After the camera restarted, and the camera screen shows the live video for both the front camera and rear cameras, short press the Wi-Fi button(the last button), the screen will show "Send FW to TX...";wait for about 1 minute, you will see "Tx Start Update FW...", wait until this popup disappears, and then reboot the camera.

Not quite, the 2nd file should not have the "(4)" on the end of the name, rename it with that deleted and try again.

After you put the memory card back in the camera (with the camera still in the car), turn it on, wait for the screen to come on (may take a while longer than normal), then follow step 3 of the instructions:

3. After the camera restarted, and the camera screen shows the live video for both the front camera and rear cameras, short press the Wi-Fi button(the last button), the screen will show "Send FW to TX...";wait for about 1 minute, you will see "Tx Start Update FW...", wait until this popup disappears, and then reboot the camera.
The camera screen didn’t show the “send FW to TX after I installed the camera back in the car. Tried a lot. Here is the firmware I just checked on the camera settings

Attachments

• 7214697B-588F-47A3-9623-7C77C7D6A44B.jpeg
    7214697B-588F-47A3-9623-7C77C7D6A44B.jpeg
    322.7 KB · Views: 14
Did you try "short press the Wi-Fi button(the last button)" to get the "send FW" message?

If you did and it didn't work then the most likely reason is that the file names are wrong, they must be called:
FWA129S.bin, RearcamA129FW.bin, and RearcamA129FW.update, nothing extra, not even a space character...

Looks like you got the front one updated :)

Did you try "short press the Wi-Fi button(the last button)" to get the "send FW" message?

If you did and it didn't work then the most likely reason is that the file names are wrong, they must be called:
FWA129S.bin, RearcamA129FW.bin, and RearcamA129FW.update, nothing extra, not even a space character...

Looks like you got the front one updated :)
I did short pressed the WiFi button and that text never showed up . You can see whether I got the firmware wrong or right in the screenshot . I copied the exact firmwares they emailed me or they have on viofo website for this aA129 plus duo with built in 16 gb memory card. I use sandisk high endurance 256Gb SD card though.

Attachments

• DE151318-6E43-4DC2-8ECB-6611FC174F69.jpeg
    DE151318-6E43-4DC2-8ECB-6611FC174F69.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
I was referring to the info they provided
Oh Okay! I find those Chinglish listed items a lot on amazon by many third party sellers and many are cra*py items. If I wanted to list something for sale, I would at least post the detail in perfect english or ask for someone's help!

But you have the file name wrong for the second file, it is
"RearcamA129FW(4).bin" instead of
"RearcamA129FW.bin".
You must get the name correct, remove the "(4)".
I was given three firmwares, 1 for front and 2 for rear. One ends in 4 and the other one without the 4 but has the "update". You can see the screenshot I posted above

I was given three firmwares, 1 for front and 2 for rear. One ends in 4 and the other one without the 4 but has the "update". You can see the screenshot I posted above
The "(4)" probably means that you downloaded it 4 times!
You need to remove the "(4)"... then try again...

The "(4)" probably means that you downloaded it 4 times!
You need to remove the "(4)"... then try again...
I downloaded and saved each files but they end up showing as

I downloaded again and one of the rear one doesn’t show bin in the end. I downloaded from viofo website

Attachments

• 25E54F9F-FC75-4B6D-A06A-8D87FAF76A02.jpeg
    25E54F9F-FC75-4B6D-A06A-8D87FAF76A02.jpeg
    737.9 KB · Views: 11
That is fine, install it in the camera...

That is fine, install it in the camera...
The rear camera firmware that ends with "update" is showing 0 in size with no kb. supposed to be like that?

Okay I dragged those 3 to my SD card that's plugged in to my PC. Now remove, put it back on my camera, go to my car, plug it in, start the car and when the camera starts up, short press or press ONCE the wifi button? Wait for that letter to appear on the screen and go from there? Do I have to do anything when those letters appear? Reboot means turn the car off and start again for camera to start again? I don't have to go to settings on camera and format SD card right?

Do I have to do anything when those letters appear? Reboot means turn the car off and start again for camera to start again? I don't have to go to settings on camera and format SD card right?
no, just sit and wait, the camera will reboot when done, it's not asking you to restart the camera, that's something you don't want to do

Back