Setting not retained - A119s V2

Teddington Exile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
New A119s V2 is not storing the setting for vehicle registration number, customs text stamp Viofo logo off, etc. when I take camera out of car and off the GPS mount. Do you really have re-enter this each time I remove the camera from the car. Any ideas what could be the cause?
Thanks
Tim

New A119s V2 is not storing the setting for vehicle registration number, customs text stamp Viofo logo off, etc. when I take camera out of car and off the GPS mount. Do you really have re-enter this each time I remove the camera from the car. Any ideas what could be the cause?
Thanks
Tim
When entering the info, are you pressing the ! button to confirm your setting choice before returning to the main menu? If you don't press the ! button to confirm, it won't hold that setting.

Thanks for the quick response! Yes I am pressing the ! button and then re-checking that the change has been made. Yesterday evening I set everything up (for the umpteenth time) and then the speed was shown in km/hour, the time had shifted by one hour, the camera model logo was back and I'd lost the license plate number and custom label. I've reset the device and now re-enetered everything again. I'll leave the cam plugged into a power supply but without the GPS over night and see if the data holds. I'll then re-connect to the GPS for the commute tomorrow...maybe that will reveal something?

So is it holding any info that you put in? Did you update the firmware? If so, did you manually default the cameras settings after the update?
I don't think leaving it plugged in overnight will have any affect. I would install/re-install the firmware (version 2.1). Be sure to manually default the cameras settings after updating,

I did update the firmware when I received the camera - I don't recall the version that was installed but I did download version 2.1 before I started using the camera with the gps mount.

I'm not sure what you mean by "manually default the camera settings". Would you be able to expand on that? Is there a menu setting that sets the camera back to factory settings that I should implement after the firmware update?

Sorry if this is a daft question but I don't seem to have much in the way of documentation

Thanks again for your help
Tim

after you do the firmware update go to the settings menu and reset default settings, after you do that then set things the way you want and see how it goes

Common solution is simply perform the same firmware update again (just happened to mine updating A119S to FW2.1
Never update dashcam while connected to Power Bank which auto detects power draw, if under limit (50 - 300 mAmp) powers down.
hopefully the advise given above has solved your issue if not

Browse all BCHobbyist WorkShop videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/bchobbyist

Update: Reset the defaults (didn't reapply the firmware update thought) and re-entered my personalisations, time, date, etc this morning and used the camera for the commute today. The camera seems to have held everything but the time which has reverted to GMT. Does this happen when connected to the GPS as the time zone setting on the camera is GMT 0...?

Anyway that seems to be working satisfactorily now that I set everything to default and then re-enetered my details - seems an odd process but hey it works!

If anybody has any thoughts on the time resetting to GMT I'd be interested but its not a big problem.

Thanks for you help

Tim

Update: Reset the defaults (didn't reapply the firmware update thought) and re-entered my personalisations, time, date, etc this morning and used the camera for the commute today. The camera seems to have held everything but the time which has reverted to GMT. Does this happen when connected to the GPS as the time zone setting on the camera is GMT 0...?

Anyway that seems to be working satisfactorily now that I set everything to default and then re-enetered my details - seems an odd process but hey it works!

If anybody has any thoughts on the time resetting to GMT I'd be interested but its not a big problem.

Thanks for you help

Tim
If your using GPS, then you need to set the time zone offset. Keep daylight savings in mind as well.

If anybody has any thoughts on the time resetting to GMT I'd be interested but its not a big problem. Thanks for you help Tim[/QUOTE said:
Here is a link to world time zones.
https://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/
I live in Ontario Canada and my A119S Daylight Savings Time zone is -4.
When we revert back to Standard Tme on Nov 5th I will reset my Time Zone to -5 on my A119S.
I hope this is helpful.

Last edited:
Here is a link to world time zones.
https://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/
I live in Ontario Canada and my A119S Daylight Savings Time zone is -4.
When we revert back to Standard Tme on Nov 5th I will reset my Time Zone to -5 on my A119S.
I hope this is helpful.

Last edited:

Thanks for you help

Tim

the timezone is reset to GMT 0 as part of the default settings reset process, you don't need to set the time and date when using GPS, just set the timezone, the camera will set the time and date

Back