SG model

Reaction score
Country
Canada
hello. sorry for stupid question. how do i find the version of SG9665GC that I have? Thank you

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Press the Menu button, navigate down to the "firmware version".

OP
N
Reaction score
Country
Canada
hmm ok I have sg20181127.v4 are there any upgrades that I should load? much obliged :)

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
If you used the wrong firmware it would probably not work.
There are 3 versions of the GC model, each with their own firmwares, the 2 latest ones as i recall the newest firmwares are from 2019, the ? is if your model are a V2 or a V3 model.

OP
N
Reaction score
Country
Canada
If you used the wrong firmware it would probably not work.
There are 3 versions of the GC model, each with their own firmwares, the 2 latest ones as i recall the newest firmwares are from 2019, the ? is if your model are a V2 or a V3 model.
I can't find the model number. i posted this question about 4 years ago. looking at my posts now. much obliged:)

OP
N
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Ok.

i found this reply from Jokiin....
the V3 download is for your camera, the firmware is the same version that is on your camera now

I am worried that if I upload the latest version from street guardian usa I will brick the camera.
any input is appreciated.
thanks guys

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
As i recall wrong firmware on these cameras do not brick them like Ambarella based cameras, it just dont work until you load a working firmware.
The AMBA cameras you have some hoop jumping to do if you brick it, meaning you need a .elf file and connect camera to PC and use USB direct to flash with .elf file.
On the novatek cameras like the GC model, you just use another ( correct file ) if you flashed with a wrong one.

OP
N
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Thanks Kamkar.
Will update it with 2019 version. much obliged mate

cheers:)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B SG9665GC 16
Roy aussie SG9665GC 4
benjos SG9665GC 2