SG9336DCPRO flashing REC light - any way to turn it off?

BRNC0AT

Reaction score
Country
United States
I ordered the SG9336DCPRO last Sunday, it arrived Wednesday, and I installed the front camera yesterday behind my rearview mirror.

So far, I really like how the camera works, with one major drawback: the flashing REC button. It's quite bright, and annoyingly catches my eye. I really want/need to turn this off.

I plan to wire the back camera and GPS sometime this weekend, and I'd like to order the hardwire kit once I get in my fusebox and figure the right one, but I'm not sure I'll keep this camera if I can't make the flashing icon turn off. It's so distracting!

I've been through the manual, and unless I'm completely missing something, I can't see how to make it stop flashing. Any insights?

I don't think that part of the hardware is controllable via firmware. (independent hardware function)

Most people have it mounted behind the rear view mirror where you can't see it while driving.

For me personally a non issue, not least with these not so bright LED cameras, other can be a nuisance alright.
And i have at least 3 cameras on my windscreen,,,,, at least, and i can see most of my cameras over the top of my mirror.

Back